Boyd County 22 Shelby Valley 0

swamprat

There was an on-field brawl in this one. 3 ejected from both squads. Part of me likes the toughness, but the coach in me says absolutely stupid and selfish now that those 3 won't be suited up next week.

As for the football, Boyd played solid defense. There were 245 penalties, some of which were silly, some were invisible, some were out of frustration. Carl is going to have to go ice his arm for all the flags he threw tonight.

Reed Deerfield and Jacob Barnwell impressed me tonight.

There was an on-field brawl in this one. 3 ejected from both squads. Part of me likes the toughness, but the coach in me says absolutely stupid and selfish now that those 3 won't be suited up next week.

As for the football, Boyd played solid defense. There were 245 penalties, some of which were silly, some were invisible, some were out of frustration. Carl is going to have to go ice his arm for all the flags he threw tonight.

Reed Deerfield and Jacob Barnwell impressed me tonight.

What happened with the brawl? was it a bad call? frustration? or just too rough? Will those players not get to play this Friday? who were the players?

Valley played better than I had expected, but turned the ball over every time they threatened to score. With only 28 players dressed,losing 2 was a big hit for them also. Best of luck to them. Cain Cooksey, Brandon Bryant and Justin Holcomb I believe is who the Daily Indepent said got ejected from the Boyd County side, but I never heard who the 2 Valley boys were. As for the what's and why's I'm not sure. I've heard about ten different versions on what started it. I hope Coach Brooks gets the tempers in line, this is not what you want to be known for in football.