Johnson Central

Tim Burr

• 2 weeks later...

I heard from a board member back in the fall that the 5 year plan is that Johnson Central have both its baseball and football facilities upgraded with new stadiums. The sun problem is one of the prime reasons for the new baseball stadium along with its deterioration. They are also looking to build an indoor practice facility to be used by all sports with a 50 yard football field very similar to the one Corbin has. From what I understand a few of the board member toured it and were impressed with that facility.

Things are definately looking bright at JCHS.

The other fields being constructed are for the new Johnson County Babe Ruth leagues.

I was down by the field last night and they just finished sodding the infield and in front of the backstop and dugouts. I guess they put an irrigation system in the infield because the lights were on and looked like they were working on something. They took up the old brick dust and brought in red clay. The field looked absolutely awesome.

I was down by the field last night and they just finished sodding the infield and in front of the backstop and dugouts. I guess they put an irrigation system in the infield because the lights were on and looked like they were working on something. They took up the old brick dust and brought in red clay. The field looked absolutely awesome.

So far the infield and foul territories have been sodded and in the infield the old brick dust has been removed and marmix put in its place, with a new warning track area installed. Also a new drainage system as well as a new sprinkler system was put in place. Also two new double-mound bullpen areas are under construction and should be finished in a couple of days.

Also the 3 new fields are under construction. The backstops have been installed and the sodding surface is almost complete with all marmix infields as well. The new lights are in with the pads already installed and the new 20 foot scoreboards are in. The new brick dugouts and brick fencing is to begin construction next week with the chain link fencing to begin with the completion of the dugouts.

The softball field is also being renovated with new lights and scoreboards for the girls as well and a new concession area will also begin constuction very soon.

The whole complex is starting to look very nice and should be completed in time for the season openers.

So far the infield and foul territories have been sodded and in the infield the old brick dust has been removed and marmix put in its place, with a new warning track area installed. Also a new drainage system as well as a new sprinkler system was put in place. Also two new double-mound bullpen areas are under construction and should be finished in a couple of days.

Also the 3 new fields are under construction. The backstops have been installed and the sodding surface is almost complete with all marmix infields as well. The new lights are in with the pads already installed and the new 20 foot scoreboards are in. The new brick dugouts and brick fencing is to begin construction next week with the chain link fencing to begin with the completion of the dugouts.

The softball field is also being renovated with new lights and scoreboards for the girls as well and a new concession area will also begin constuction very soon.

The whole complex is starting to look very nice and should be completed in time for the season openers.

Sounds great! Is there anything they can do about the up slope in right-center field without having to redo the entire track and football field?

Sounds great! Is there anything they can do about the up slope in right-center field without having to redo the entire track and football field?

The only option that I can think of would be to pull the fence in. Actually I think dead right and down the line is a worse area than in the gap. It's a large field, 330 down both lines and 390 to dead center, so you have got a little to work with. Other than that, I really dont know how you could grade it without the slope, and not alter the the lay of the track and the football field.

We are currently working on the field. The center field fence is gone at the moment where we are putting in a new swimming pool, so the administrators decided to fix the uplope in center field while they are at it. Also, the infield looks great. They have got the sod down and it has to sit for 2 weeks but in my opinion when this field gets green, it will be one of the nicest fields in the state.