10th Region Heat Delay

The health and safety of our student athletes should always come first.....don't you agree?????
The thing that bothers me Goldie is that this year and last they knew that the heat was going to be a major problem days in advance, so we all prepare and drink and bring plenty of water,wet towels,etc. and drive long distances and then they re arrange things at the last minute. So why not make the schedule for early morning and late evening so we can choose to come at those times if we want to. Have been too many,many Coach Pitch tournaments with kids 8 and below that had to play 3 games in one day where the heat was as bad as today. Safety does come first, but come on this isn't football, the kids are in and out of the dugout within minutes, able to get plenty of water and shade, there's not a lot of assertion in baseball, mostly standing around. The elderly fans and relatives get the worsr of it in most cases, but they come well prepared and then have gametimes changed by hours. Just tell everyone on Saturday what the schedule is going to be on Monday for the fans and safety reasons,etc.

Why didn't they just schedule with this in mind? I'm assuming they had the regional meeting either Friday or Saturday. The forecast has called for hot weather all weekend. Why not set the schedule originally at 10 and 12:30, then the bottom bracket at 6 and 8:30?

Why didn't they just schedule with this in mind? I'm assuming they had the regional meeting either Friday or Saturday. The forecast has called for hot weather all weekend. Why not set the schedule originally at 10 and 12:30, then the bottom bracket at 6 and 8:30?
:thumb: At least 2 years in a row with this kind of weather, looks to be another long hot dry summer. Only 4 more months till football and football weather:D

We can all say it's the KHSAA being soft, but as long as kids continue to die from heat related illnesses during football season there will be no bargaining with the state about it.

While I completely agree with you on this statement it is odd that the 2 kids that died this year, died in 70 degree temperatures and one during a practice in a rain shower. While I agree that practicing/playing in extreme heat is an issue and all participants need to be protected, we need better medical physicals on all athletes at all levels in order to prevent as man deaths as possible.