Corbin 2012

Ram

Corbin had a small senior class last year, with the main offensive losses being 2 linemen and a RB. Defensively, the only impact losses were a lineman and a LB.

The keys to the season would include the following in my opinion:

1. Will the talented sophomore class will ready to compete at a high level?

2. Will Powers be the feature RB?

3. Will the QB play be upgraded?

4. How much attrition will there be on the roster from last year?

5. Will Woolum be allowed to play?

Corbin had a small senior class last year, with the main offensive losses being 2 linemen and a RB. Defensively, the only impact losses were a lineman and a LB.

The keys to the season would include the following in my opinion:

1. Will the talented sophomore class will ready to compete at a high level?

2. Will Powers be the feature RB?

3. Will the QB play be upgraded?

4. How much attrition will there be on the roster from last year?

5. Will Woolum be allowed to play?

Bell County had a small senior class last year as well. Sounds like both schools are in the same boat. Who is Woolum?

Corbin had to come from behind last year to beat Wayne but they have them at home this year so you have to give the edge to Corbin in that game, so I think that they will be the two seed in the playoffs out of that district. I think even at home Bell is still ahead of Corbin both had small graduating classes, so the losses for both teams are minimal. The key is that I think Bell will be more athletic. Corbin has had some nice athletes the last couple of years but not the sheer number of athletes that they have had in the past.

Bell County had a small senior class last year as well. Sounds like both schools are in the same boat. Who is Woolum?

He played as a freshman, did not participate in spring practice that year and tried to come out after summer practice had been going on for a while, but the coaching staff turned him down. He could have started in the backfield on both sides of the ball last season and was the fastest kid on the entire team as a frosh. He may not even be enrolled at Corbin and is the type of kid who seems to fall through the cracks at Corbin these days, hopefully he will play again somewhere.

He played as a freshman, did not participate in spring practice that year and tried to come out after summer practice had been going on for a while, but the coaching staff turned him down. He could have started in the backfield on both sides of the ball last season and was the fastest kid on the entire team as a frosh. He may not even be enrolled at Corbin and is the type of kid who seems to fall through the cracks at Corbin these days, hopefully he will play again somewhere.

Thanks for the info. Can't wait to come to Corbin for varsity game this season.