Bishop Brossart 4 Notre Dame 3

Senior Night at Bishop Brossart is always a nice but sad affair as you celebrate the careers of some of your finest athletes , but at the same time realize their careers are soon coming to the end. Of course hopefully that wont happen for three more weeks after the State Tournament. Tonight the Lady 'Stangs honored the careers of Molly Williams and Taylor Hardy in fine fashion.

There is no better way to send off your seniors on Senior Night than to win and that's just what the now 23-11 Lady 'Stangs did in come from behind fashion to beat Notre Dame Academy for the second time this year 4-3. It marked the 8th time this year the pollsters have been wrong. Brossart has recorded 8 wins in 9 games against teams that are ranked ahead of them at the time. The only team ranked above them to record a win so far has been St. Henry. In that game even BBHS held a 2-0 lead after 5 innings before falling 4-2. Tonight marked the 10th straight year Brossart won their Senior Night game. The Pandas fell to 21-9. During one stretch the Pandas had won 19 of 22 games and all of their losses recently have been to top teams Ryle, Conner and now Brossart. Earlier this season Brossart also beat Notre Dame 7-3.

It didn't look good early as a trio of Panda sophomores created havoc in the first inning. Laura Finke opened with a single to left and then scored on a stolen base and throwing error of the bat of Hanna Sullivan. Then Maria Schaefer unloaded a bomb over the left field fence and suddenly Notre Dame was on top 3-0. However that would be the end for the Panda attack. Brossart got on the board in the second when Karlie Shackelford reached on an infield hit and then courtesy runner Caroline Woeste later raced home on a Gretchen Trumbo sacrifice hit. In the third Erica Riedeman reached on an infield hit and then took second on a wild pitch. A sharp single by Maria Greis made it 3-2. In the sixth inning Allie Anstead reached on a single and then pinch runner Jamie Reis took second on another wild pitch. Shackelford singled again to push home Woeste and suddenly it was a tie game.

Meanwhile Shackelford and great defense was shutting down the Pandas with only 2 hits the last six innings. A great throw by Shannon Kremer nailed speedster Laura Finke at third to cut down a rally in the fifth and a Shack strikeout of Jones ended a two on rally in the 6th. Brossart retired Notre Dame 1-2-3 in the 7th for their 23rd win.

That set the stage for bottom of the seventh heroics when Senior Molly Williams opened with a single and advanced to second on a Greis groundout. When Williams attempted to take third a Panda throw past the bag enabled Molly to scamper home with the game winner.

A perfect win on Senior Night with a team dinner following at Barleycorns. Tomorrow Brossart will shoot for their 9th win over teams ranked ahead of them this season when they travel to Hebron for their annual end of the year tilt with Number 2 ranked Conner.

The Lady 'Stangs have played a tough schedule this week with Bourbon Co. Nicholas Co., Greenup County, Mason Co., St. Henry, Notre Dame and Conner to better prepare them for the post season.

In the 37th District nest week a win over the Silver Grove/Calvary winner will send them to the Regional for the 22nd straight year. :ylsuper:

Molly Williams

mollyw.jpg

Senior Night at Bishop Brossart is always a nice but sad affair as you celebrate the careers of some of your finest athletes , but at the same time realize their careers are soon coming to the end. Of course hopefully that wont happen for three more weeks after the State Tournament. Tonight the Lady 'Stangs honored the careers of Molly Williams and Taylor Hardy in fine fashion.

There is no better way to send off your seniors on Senior Night than to win and that's just what the now 23-11 Lady 'Stangs did in come from behind fashion to beat Notre Dame Academy for the second time this year 4-3. It marked the 8th time this year the pollsters have been wrong. Brossart has recorded 8 wins in 9 games against teams that are ranked ahead of them at the time. The only team ranked above them to record a win so far has been St. Henry. In that game even BBHS held a 2-0 lead after 5 innings before falling 4-2. Tonight marked the 10th straight year Brossart won their Senior Night game. The Pandas fell to 21-9. During one stretch the Pandas had won 19 of 22 games and all of their losses recently have been to top teams Ryle, Conner and now Brossart. Earlier this season Brossart also beat Notre Dame 7-3.

It didn't look good early as a trio of Panda sophomores created havoc in the first inning. Laura Finke opened with a single to left and then scored on a stolen base and throwing error of the bat of Hanna Sullivan. Then Maria Schaefer unloaded a bomb over the left field fence and suddenly Notre Dame was on top 3-0. However that would be the end for the Panda attack. Brossart got on the board in the second when Karlie Shackelford reached on an infield hit and then courtesy runner Caroline Woeste later raced home on a Gretchen Trumbo sacrifice hit. In the third Erica Riedeman reached on an infield hit and then took second on a wild pitch. A sharp single by Maria Greis made it 3-2. In the sixth inning Allie Anstead reached on a single and then pinch runner Jamie Reis took second on another wild pitch. Shackelford singled again to push home Woeste and suddenly it was a tie game.

Meanwhile Shackelford and great defense was shutting down the Pandas with only 2 hits the last six innings. A great throw by Shannon Kremer nailed speedster Laura Finke at third to cut down a rally in the fifth and a Shack strikeout of Jones ended a two on rally in the 6th. Brossart retired Notre Dame 1-2-3 in the 7th for their 23rd win.

That set the stage for bottom of the seventh heroics when Senior Molly Williams opened with a single and advanced to second on a Greis groundout. When Williams attempted to take third a Panda throw past the bag enabled Molly to scamper home with the game winner.

A perfect win on Senior Night with a team dinner following at Barleycorns. Tomorrow Brossart will shoot for their 9th win over teams ranked ahead of them this season when they travel to Hebron for their annual end of the year tilt with Number 2 ranked Conner.

The Lady 'Stangs have played a tough schedule this week with Bourbon Co. Nicholas Co., Greenup County, Mason Co., St. Henry, Notre Dame and Conner to better prepare them for the post season.

In the 37th District nest week a win over the Silver Grove/Calvary winner will send them to the Regional for the 22nd straight year. :ylsuper:

Molly Williams

[ATTACH=CONFIG]36579[/ATTACH]

What about 10th region losses/games? I thought Brossart was ranked 2nd? hehe----sorry...couldn't stop myself.

I thought we were going to have a high scoring game against Shackelford, after the first inn she settled down and pitched well. I thought we beat ourselves but congrats to BBHS for finding ways to win

I agree. I think Brossart is solid hitting and on defense but thought ND would score a lot more. Congrats to Brossart on a nice win.

Nice win for the Mustangs over a very good NDA team. Brossart has been known to be a solid hiiting team throughout the season, but their defense is very solid too. NDA's overall hitting lineup is one of the best in the Region. NDA seems to play almost everyone tight. Both solid teams that should be tough draws in district/region.

I am not all that familar with Fast Pitch. How does the tourney work? Are Bishop Brossart and NDA in separate Regions. Maybe someone can give me a quick lesson on the upcoming District and Regional structure. IE Where do they play etc. I know NDA is at Softball City on Tuesday but beyond that how does it work?

Below are the local teams, by district, with the District Site. 9th Region Tournament will be played at NKU (?)and 10th Region Tournament at CCHS.

9th REGION

33rd - Boone, Conner, Cooper, Ryle (Cooper)

34th- Heritage, St Henry, Villa, Dixie (Lloyd)

35th-Beechwood, Holmes, Holy Cross,Cov Latin, Notre Dame (Softball City)

36th-Bellevue, Dayton, Highlands, Newport, NCC (Veteran's Memorial & Bartlett Field)

10th REGION

37th- Brossart, CCHS, Scott, Silver Grove (Campbell)

38th Harrison County, Nicholas County, Pendelton County (Nicholas)

39th - Augusta, Bracken County, Mason County, St Pat (Augusta)

This is from KHSAA website. I am assuming 9th Region Tournament will be at NKU, maybe LawnBoy can confirm? District games roll Monday night. 37th District Finals are Wednesday night at CCHS @ 6:00. 39th at Augusta Tuesday night at 6:00. 33rd @ Cooper Thursday @ 6:00, 34th Friday @ Lloyd @ 5:00 pm, 35th Wednesday @ Softball City at 4:30, 36th on Wednesday at Newport @ 5:00.

NOTE: This has not been proofed.....:banana:

37th has Calvary Christian as well.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong...but BGH states that Brossart will be district champs after beating the winner of Calvary/silver grove game. Won't they also have to play the winner of the Campbell Co/Scott game to be district champs? Guess he has it all planned out???:idunno:

37th has Calvary Christian as well.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong...but BGH states that Brossart will be district champs after beating the winner of Calvary/silver grove game. Won't they also have to play the winner of the Campbell Co/Scott game to be district champs? Guess he has it all planned out???:idunno:

Unless you read it in a different post he didnt say that . He said a win over the winner of Calvary/Silver grove will send them to the regional, which is true. If Brossart wins Tuesday they will play the winner of CCHS & Scott Wednesday for the 1 seed. 2 teams go to the regional !

Below are the local teams, by district, with the District Site. 9th Region Tournament will be played at NKU (?)and 10th Region Tournament at CCHS.

9th REGION

33rd - Boone, Conner, Cooper, Ryle (Cooper)

34th- Heritage, St Henry, Villa, Dixie (Lloyd)

35th-Beechwood, Holmes, Holy Cross,Cov Latin, Notre Dame (Softball City)

36th-Bellevue, Dayton, Highlands, Newport, NCC (Veteran's Memorial & Bartlett Field)

10th REGION

37th- Brossart, CCHS, Scott, Silver Grove (Campbell)

38th Harrison County, Nicholas County, Pendelton County (Nicholas)

39th - Augusta, Bracken County, Mason County, St Pat (Augusta)

This is from KHSAA website. I am assuming 9th Region Tournament will be at NKU, maybe LawnBoy can confirm? District games roll Monday night. 37th District Finals are Wednesday night at CCHS @ 6:00. 39th at Augusta Tuesday night at 6:00. 33rd @ Cooper Thursday @ 6:00, 34th Friday @ Lloyd @ 5:00 pm, 35th Wednesday @ Softball City at 4:30, 36th on Wednesday at Newport @ 5:00.

NOTE: This has not been proofed.....:banana:

If NewCath makes it to the 36th finals it may need to be moved to a different day since that is Graduation. :idunno:

From what I've been told NKU wanted way too much money to hold the 9th Region tourney, so I believe it has been moved to St. Henry. Sad, because NKU was a great venue.

Unless you read it in a different post he didnt say that . He said a win over the winner of Calvary/Silver grove will send them to the regional, which is true. If Brossart wins Tuesday they will play the winner of CCHS & Scott Wednesday for the 1 seed. 2 teams go to the regional !

Oh, gotcha! I didn't know that:) Parent of a freshman:) LOL

Big O....come on now....not a freshman anymore....post season. :p

Don't make me feel any older than I do, having an almost 16 year old that's my firstborn....ugh...where does the time go? I still remember her in second grade teaching herself how to pitch from an old pitching DVD...she just had her first varsity start last friday:( Her high school career will be over before I know it.

I have learned so much about softball this year, having never played it...and I love all the talk about stats...I have NO clue what her stats are this year:idunno: