Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ryle Vs Conner

Featured Replies

I agree. Heard it had something to do with the coach. I am not a fan of it either.

 

When you leave your best player on the bench in the semi's of the region those things will happen.

When you leave your best player on the bench in the semi's of the region those things will happen.

 

Are you referring to Salzer or the girl that transferred? If Salzer I was told she was injured, and she would definitely be their best player IMO.

Are you referring to Salzer or the girl that transferred? If Salzer I was told she was injured, and she would definitely be their best player IMO.

 

I agree Salzer is awesome, but I too thought she was hurt last year for the regional tourney. Who transferred?? I had thought they brought a player in that I don't think is able to play yet.

Are you referring to Salzer or the girl that transferred? If Salzer I was told she was injured, and she would definitely be their best player IMO.

 

Yes Salzer, she did have an injury but was cleared to play, if the coach didn't feel like she was able to pitch she was still their best defensive player and best hitter also. I believe they got beat by Connor 2-1 and their other pitcher (Butts) did a great job. Hard to say they would have won with Salzer playing but I would have liked their chances.

I agree Salzer is awesome, but I too thought she was hurt last year for the regional tourney. Who transferred?? I had thought they brought a player in that I don't think is able to play yet.

 

St. Henry did have a girl transfer in that is very good but heard she just didn't want to play. They also had one of their best players from last year transfer to Boone County.

Yes Salzer, she did have an injury but was cleared to play, if the coach didn't feel like she was able to pitch she was still their best defensive player and best hitter also. I believe they got beat by Connor 2-1 and their other pitcher (Butts) did a great job. Hard to say they would have won with Salzer playing but I would have liked their chances.

 

Wow, wasn't aware that she was cleared to play. I agree she is their best defensive player and best hitter and she would have been in the lineup somewhere even if she wasn't pitching.

I see she is pitching again

 

She has been pitching all season this year. We were referring to the regional tournament last year. Salzer is a great all around player.

I agree Salzer is awesome, but I too thought she was hurt last year for the regional tourney. Who transferred?? I had thought they brought a player in that I don't think is able to play yet.

 

The story last year on the region that could be supported by several who witnessed was that Mamee Salzer had a freak cramping problem in the top of her pitching hand occur the day before districts. She had it checked and the DR said it was a slight strain that would subside as each day went by. She couldn't pitch or play the first district game but was fully able to play the field and bat after that. Pitching-wise it still bothered her to throw her change-up. The coach was told at the second district game and every region game thereafter that she could definitely play 3B and hit, but chose to be unresponsive. The school administration was confronted about this during and immediately after the region final. They could not explain why the coach contradicted their defense of supposedly looking after the kid's welfare, yet they allowed her to fully swing, throw, and warm-up before 3-4 consecutive district/region games. There was no communication during those games to the kid or parents. It was a sad situation that should have never taken place and no one was accountable. Salzer pitched 4 days later in a travel ball tournament.

The story last year on the region that could be supported by several who witnessed was that Mamee Salzer had a freak cramping problem in the top of her pitching hand occur the day before districts. She had it checked and the DR said it was a slight strain that would subside as each day went by. She couldn't pitch or play the first district game but was fully able to play the field and bat after that. Pitching-wise it still bothered her to throw her change-up. The coach was told at the second district game and every region game thereafter that she could definitely play 3B and hit, but chose to be unresponsive. The school administration was confronted about this during and immediately after the region final. They could not explain why the coach contradicted their defense of supposedly looking after the kid's welfare, yet they allowed her to fully swing, throw, and warm-up before 3-4 consecutive district/region games. There was no communication during those games to the kid or parents. It was a sad situation that should have never taken place and no one was accountable. Salzer pitched 4 days later in a travel ball tournament.

 

Thanks Wonderboy Roy!

Who transfered out of St. Henry to Boone as was mentioned earlier in this thread?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.