Ryle 4 Boone County 2

Barickman was at 84mph in the seventh inning of the last tournament he pitched in.......that was last summer.

Would still be an awfully big jump to be throwing almost 90 mph this year. 90 mph high school pitchers are a rarity in general and practically unheard of in this area.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen 92 in Louisville this year. He is only a jr.

I certainly look forward to seeing young Mr. Barickman throw next year. As Clyde said, if he truly throws with that velocity, he would be a very, very unique high school pitcher for this area - or any area for a high school pitcher, for that matter. Hope his injuries heal up well.

Firstbase was talking about a kid from PRP in Louisville throwing 92mph........not Barickman.

First off, I don't believe Barickman even goes to Boone now. Secondly, there was a kid from Woodford County, who last year was throwing 91 mph as a sophomore. I can't remember his name for the life of me; however, heard over fall he was in the high 90's. The fall speed isn't validated. The 91 is validated since I saw it with my own eyes on a few scouts radar guns at the game.

First off, I don't believe Barickman even goes to Boone now. Secondly, there was a kid from Woodford County, who last year was throwing 91 mph as a sophomore. I can't remember his name for the life of me; however, heard over fall he was in the high 90's. The fall speed isn't validated. The 91 is validated since I saw it with my own eyes on a few scouts radar guns at the game.

Yes, he committed to UK as a sophomore.

1. Clinton Hollon, Woodford County High School (Versailles, Ky.)

Hollon, a Kentucky commit, has bumped 97 mph on the radar gun. And despite some red flags with his delivery, he has the best arm in the prep class of 2013. He's just 6-foot-1, but he's well built at 195 pounds and offers an upper-80s curveball, a mid-80s slider and a changeup. His slider may be his best shot at an out pitch at the next level.

http://espn.go.com/blog/high-school/baseball/post/_/id/1350/hollon-is-nation%E2%80%99s-top-junior-right-hander