Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Notre Dame 11 Newport Central Catholic 0

Featured Replies

WHOOOOOOOOA Is this score right? Notre Dame might be the first team with a winner record though that NCC or Highlands has played. I was celebrating UK's big win or I would have gone to see this one. I picked Notre Dame. Congrats :clap: I played the game I can pick em.

I told you my Pandas were underrated! We spanked them!! And nobody was out dancing!!

I told you my Pandas were underrated! We spanked them!! And nobody was out dancing!!

 

 

I spoke with one of the parents from NCC while watching the CATS play last night. Sounds like NCC just didn't come ready to play. From what I was told there were 3 key errors in the first 2 innings that helped get the snowball rolling and then the Lady Breds just fell apart. I know that they are young and the growing pains of development can be rough at times, but Notre Dame does have a nice team and hits the ball well. It also sounds that Taylor Burkhart pitched well again, but the defense was just wasn't there last night. I also heard that Notre Dame made some nice plays in the outfield to stop a couple of scoring opportunities for NCC.

 

Have to give the Pandas credit for developing their young talent and the growing pains they have gone thru the past few years are paying off.

 

I was also told that there was a collision at home plate that should have never happened. No play involved at the plate and the runner had to go out of her way to make the contact. Wasn't there so maybe Shamrock can give us a more accurate account. I do know that the parents on both sides from what I have been told said it was not a "very nice play". The player for some reason was not ejected and continued to remain in the game. Again, Shamrock should be able to give a better description of the play.:notworthy:

I must have missed that play at the plate, but I heard a bunch of oohs and aahs and I must have missed the play. I guess since there wasn't a play at the plate, I was watching something else. Nobody I was with talked about it, so I'm really not sure what happened, just heard the oohs from the crowd.

I spoke with one of the parents from NCC while watching the CATS play last night. Sounds like NCC just didn't come ready to play. From what I was told there were 3 key errors in the first 2 innings that helped get the snowball rolling and then the Lady Breds just fell apart. I know that they are young and the growing pains of development can be rough at times, but Notre Dame does have a nice team and hits the ball well. It also sounds that Taylor Burkhart pitched well again, but the defense was just wasn't there last night. I also heard that Notre Dame made some nice plays in the outfield to stop a couple of scoring opportunities for NCC.

 

Have to give the Pandas credit for developing their young talent and the growing pains they have gone thru the past few years are paying off.

 

I was also told that there was a collision at home plate that should have never happened. No play involved at the plate and the runner had to go out of her way to make the contact. Wasn't there so maybe Shamrock can give us a more accurate account. I do know that the parents on both sides from what I have been told said it was not a "very nice play". The player for some reason was not ejected and continued to remain in the game. Again, Shamrock should be able to give a better description of the play.:notworthy:

 

I believe it's Burkart, no h. And yes the "D" was lacking AGAIN, as well as, the hits. :irked:

I spoke with one of the parents from NCC while watching the CATS play last night. Sounds like NCC just didn't come ready to play. From what I was told there were 3 key errors in the first 2 innings that helped get the snowball rolling and then the Lady Breds just fell apart. I know that they are young and the growing pains of development can be rough at times, but Notre Dame does have a nice team and hits the ball well. It also sounds that Taylor Burkhart pitched well again, but the defense was just wasn't there last night. I also heard that Notre Dame made some nice plays in the outfield to stop a couple of scoring opportunities for NCC.

 

Have to give the Pandas credit for developing their young talent and the growing pains they have gone thru the past few years are paying off.

 

I was also told that there was a collision at home plate that should have never happened. No play involved at the plate and the runner had to go out of her way to make the contact. Wasn't there so maybe Shamrock can give us a more accurate account. I do know that the parents on both sides from what I have been told said it was not a "very nice play". The player for some reason was not ejected and continued to remain in the game. Again, Shamrock should be able to give a better description of the play.:notworthy:

 

Kind of surprised by the margin of victory on this one. Thought NCC was a little better than that.

 

Agree. The ND coach from the past two years worked hard to develop some of these players and their current coach seems to be doing the same. They are doing very well and will continue to improve.

 

Curious to hear more about the collision at the plate. What team was on defense and did either team's coach question the call or non call to the umpire? Just curious how big of a deal, if any, it really was.

Kind of surprised by the margin of victory on this one. Thought NCC was a little better than that.

 

Agree. The ND coach from the past two years worked hard to develop some of these players and their current coach seems to be doing the same. They are doing very well and will continue to improve.

 

Curious to hear more about the collision at the plate. What team was on defense and did either team's coach question the call or non call to the umpire? Just curious how big of a deal, if any, it really was.

 

It was to my understanding that the collision at the plate was uncalled for and could have resulted in a serious injury. From what I have been told the NCC catcher was at least 2 to 3 feet behind the plate and the runner went into the catcher with 2 hands raised and lowered shoulder. Also, from the information passed on to me the player never touched the plate and the umpire was standing infront of the plate and never saw the collision. He did notice that the catcher was upended and laying on the ground after crowd made notice and went directly over to the catcher to see what had happened. Soo, if this is the way it went down I would say this would be a big deal due to the fact it was completly unprovoked. It is kind of like protecting the quarterback in football. If not ready for the hit it could result in serious injury.

 

Again, I am getting all of this second hand. Maybe Lawnboy may be able to give some insight, because it sounds like Shamrock was not paying attention or may have been hanging out with Big Green Horse. Plus I don't see anyone saying it didn't happen, so something must have happened?

 

Or maybe as you stated this was nothing major??????

 

Hopefully we can get some insight from someone who may have been at the game.

It was to my understanding that the collision at the plate was uncalled for and could have resulted in a serious injury. From what I have been told the NCC catcher was at least 2 to 3 feet behind the plate and the runner went into the catcher with 2 hands raised and lowered shoulder. Also, from the information passed on to me the player never touched the plate and the umpire was standing infront of the plate and never saw the collision. He did notice that the catcher was upended and laying on the ground after crowd made notice and went directly over to the catcher to see what had happened. Soo, if this is the way it went down I would say this would be a big deal due to the fact it was completly unprovoked. It is kind of like protecting the quarterback in football. If not ready for the hit it could result in serious injury.

 

Again, I am getting all of this second hand. Maybe Lawnboy may be able to give some insight, because it sounds like Shamrock was not paying attention or may have been hanging out with Big Green Horse. Plus I don't see anyone saying it didn't happen, so something must have happened?

 

Or maybe as you stated this was nothing major??????

 

Hopefully we can get some insight from someone who may have been at the game.

 

Thanks FFBK. Definitely sounds to me like it was a big deal. I too am definitely interested in hearing more from Lawnboy or who ever else was in attendance. How did the NCC fans and coaches react? Did the NCC coaches question the umpire on this hit and why the player wasn't called out and ejected from the game. Sounds to me like she should have been, if what you have been told is true.

 

I agree with you on Shamrock, I believe she was definitely hanging out with the BGH.

It was to my understanding that the collision at the plate was uncalled for and could have resulted in a serious injury. From what I have been told the NCC catcher was at least 2 to 3 feet behind the plate and the runner went into the catcher with 2 hands raised and lowered shoulder. Also, from the information passed on to me the player never touched the plate and the umpire was standing infront of the plate and never saw the collision. He did notice that the catcher was upended and laying on the ground after crowd made notice and went directly over to the catcher to see what had happened. Soo, if this is the way it went down I would say this would be a big deal due to the fact it was completly unprovoked. It is kind of like protecting the quarterback in football. If not ready for the hit it could result in serious injury.

 

Again, I am getting all of this second hand. Maybe Lawnboy may be able to give some insight, because it sounds like Shamrock was not paying attention or may have been hanging out with Big Green Horse. Plus I don't see anyone saying it didn't happen, so something must have happened?

 

Or maybe as you stated this was nothing major??????

 

Hopefully we can get some insight from someone who may have been at the game.

 

Unfortunately I was watching the play in the field and did not see the collision at home, as well as the coaching staff. However the ENTIRE Newcath cheering section, which was directly in front of home plate, went "ape poop". The catchers dad was more than irate, and from his take on the play his daughter was a good 2 or 3 feet behind the plate. After the inning was over the ND coach, who also didn't see the collision, took his girls to the side and had a talk with them about the play.

ND. has a nice team, But don't tell Mel from Brossart that we have four girls from St. Joes playing JV.

Was Loren Zimmerman catching? If so, I bet Andy was out of his mind!!! :taz:

ND. has a nice team, But don't tell Mel from Brossart that we have four girls from St. Joes playing JV.

 

I wish I could "LIKE" this over and over again! LOL

ND. has a nice team, But don't tell Mel from Brossart that we have four girls from St. Joes playing JV.

 

Playing for ND or NCC?

No, it was Kristen Schreiber. If it was Loren I think she might have got up and delivered the same type of knockdown back at the girl. :lol:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.