Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jackson City @ East Ridge Jan 3rd

Featured Replies

Just wanted to know everyone's thoughts on this one. I know very little about East Ridge except they beat a pretty fair Cordia team earlier this year. Also, I will not be able to attend this one but does anyone know if a radio station will carry it and could it be picked up from Breathitt County. I know I hear Johnson Central, Cawood, ect. on the radio all the time but don't remember any stations.

The coaching of this talented ER team is so miserable!! But I'll give Coach May credit he wons own up to their every loss has being his fault!!! Lots of talent on this young team. If only they had a coach to bring it on! Has anyone figured out Coach May's game plan? But because I love those Warriors I pick em to win! Good Luck ER. Will there be a JV game? What is the start time.. Don't know anything about it being on the radio.

if Jackson City plays like they did in Hazard then it will be JC by 10,imo

The coaching of this talented ER team is so miserable!! But I'll give Coach May credit he wons own up to their every loss has being his fault!!! Lots of talent on this young team. If only they had a coach to bring it on! Has anyone figured out Coach May's game plan? But because I love those Warriors I pick em to win! Good Luck ER. Will there be a JV game? What is the start time.. Don't know anything about it being on the radio.

 

I agree 100%. Coach May is a horrible basketball coach in my opinion.

The coaching of this talented ER team is so miserable!! But I'll give Coach May credit he wons own up to their every loss has being his fault!!! Lots of talent on this young team. If only they had a coach to bring it on! Has anyone figured out Coach May's game plan? But because I love those Warriors I pick em to win! Good Luck ER. Will there be a JV game? What is the start time.. Don't know anything about it being on the radio.

Talented?? They lost a lot of very good seniors last year. Branham was one of the top guards in the region and he is hard to replace especially this early in the season. May is a good coach and works very hard at this game, he will be fine and will battle it out with SV for the district title!!

I agree 100%. Coach May is a horrible basketball coach in my opinion.

5-4 against a tough schedule isn't a bad start for the Warriors. There a lot of teams that would love to be 5-4 in this very balanced region. Come on Catfish have a little patience with the Lickcreekers!!

5-4 against a tough schedule isn't a bad start for the Warriors. There a lot of teams that would love to be 5-4 in this very balanced region. Come on Catfish have a little patience with the Lickcreekers!!

 

This team is 5-4 due to a lot of talent. Look at Coach Mays record as a head coach. He won 5 games in two years at Elkhorn City with a team that should have at least doubled that if not tripled it. When he took over for Randy McCoy Elkhorn City was consistantly in the top 5 in the region and he distroyed that program. I am not down on this team. I think they have a lot of talent and I wish them the very best but the bottom line is they are poorly coached.

Catfish...I love most of your posts....but I MUST completely disagree with your assessment of Coach May's teams at Elkhorn...they had virtually ZERO talent..they were overmatched at EVERY position by not only the region ..but also the district..and I seem to remember them upsetting Phelps in the district tourney ..and that Phelps team was picked by many to win the district that year..and what talent they DID have(Brandon Ratliff) was too young to compete...those teams played VERY HARD and never quit...which is attributed IMO to their coach. This year's East Ridge team has some nice young players...but that's about it...Fletcher is playing hurt and the rest of the older players are not very talented..they played very hard against Belfry last week...but in the end they were overmatched...I wouldn't be so hasty to blame the coach...if there is not a lot of talent to work with it doesn't matter who is coaching them.

McCoy competed the last few years at Elkhorn with his best players being transfers from other schools....ie..two kids from Millard and one from Phelps...as well as a foreign exchange student...when McCoy left the cupboard was bare..

Looks like we will just have to agree to disagree on this one Press. There was 2 players that were juniors and seniors on that Elkhorn City team coached by May that saw alot of playing time under Randy McCoy as soph. I simple think they were way more talented than you do. I am not saying they should have competed for a regional title but i think they were a much better team than 5 wins in two years. When I watch him coach both then and now I cant understand his game plan at all as another poster said. He has a very difficult time adjusting on defence. I know for a fact several lickcreak area residents agree 100% with me.

 

And another thing the two kids from Millard (Clevenger and Leathers) left Elkhorn City 3 years before McCoy did. The exchange student was more like 5 years prior (Mandolivich). He graduated right after Todd Conely. You are right about the Phelps kid (Blackburn) he graduated a year before McCoy left.

On paper, it seems ER should take this one by a slim margin. But seeing as how JC beat Hazard at Hazard I'll take JC by 8.

Having known Coach May from his Belfry days...he has a great knowledge of the game and will be successful if given the support he needs and DESERVES at ER...

What two kids are you talking about??

A LOT of people in the 15th Region think the talent level at ER is WAY down from the glory days of two years ago...I agree that 5-4 is not bad considering the schedule they have played.

...and the rest of the older players are not very talented...

I was 'more or less' agreeing with you, right up until this :irked: I love (LOVE) Kyle (absolutely the sweetest kid EVER)...and yea, he is probably one of ER's finest...but by no means is he their only talent. There is Tyler McCoy and Curtis Williams just to name a couple.

BTW ~ :thumb: ~ I'm sure Kyle would agree with me.

 

Coach May is a horrible basketball coach

Although I'm not his biggest fan, I do think it is a little to early in the season to go this far.

And as far as destroying programs.....I don't think so. Following either of the before mentioned coaches ~Randy McCoy and James Hurley~ would both be tough to follow and live up to.

 

:dancingpa

Good Luck Warriors!!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.