Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pigskin

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Pigskin

  1. Sorry about that. I guess I didn't make myself clear. I realize the Rock has had more success over along period than JC. When comparing JC to the Rock, I meant JC was just as much of a mountain school as the Rock. Heck, I'm not sure I consider Rockcastle County as really being in the mountains. Foothills maybe, but not true mountains. Who knows I may be setting myself up to get a real geography lesson on Rockcastle County. I just know that when I travel there I don't remember crossing any mountains once I get west of 75. And I agree that JC does not have anywhere near the history of the other schools mentioned. I was only considering the current level of program (not historical level) and JC's current level is pretty darn strong I'd say. Maybe I'm wrong however.
  2. Johnson Central too! I consider them a mountain school (every bit as much as the Rock) and JC definitely would be in my top 5 list.
  3. That's great. Congrats and I agree it looks like good things are continuing to come to PD. Who were some of the impact players whose names we should be looking forward to hearing in the future, if you don't mind saying?
  4. The chances of digging up a diamond are greater when you take 1500 shovels of dirt vs taking 200 shovels of dirt and the chances are greater of getting a Chris Lofton when you are choosing from 1500 boys vs. choosing 200 boys, is it not? I think classification is coming to all sports in Ky. This push in football is going to spill over. It was slowed down in basketball with the advent of the All A Classic. Hey, wait a minute. Lets leave football as it is, no changes at all. But we create a mid season tournament. We'll call it the "All-Don't Want To Make the Committment to Win, but want to Say we are Champions Classic". Yeah, that's it, that's the ticket. Seriously, this quest to have multiple kids say they won state championships has gone overboard. No I don't agree with the poster that said that winning a state championship even if its only against 4 competitors is meaningful. If so, then lets just play intermural sports. Society repeatedly heaps more respect and praise on the persons, teams and units that win despite being the underdog; on those that worked harder to overcome their opponents advantages. To succomb to the current logic permeating the KHSAA and the coaching ranks, is nothing more than the underdogs surrendering and admitting defeat, which is just awful. It teaches our kids the absolute wrong message: a victory, any victory, is better than a hardfought loss. Which it most absolutely is not. The coaches want to restructure the classifications not for the kids, but so they can say that they won state championships in my opinion. Most kids that I've coached down this way relish competing against the best to measure themselves. I just don't understand this thinking, but then, I've never understood the dumbing down, lets worry about self esteem, lets not even keep score so there are no winners and losers, lets not decare a valedictorian because it breeds unhealthy competition between classmates kind of mentality. My granddaddy , who coached down here for years, has to be turning in his grave over this stuff. I'm glad for his sake he already passed on, for this would surely kill him.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.