Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tubby's Best Friend

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Tubby's Best Friend

  1. You guys are discussing numbers. Let's look at it this way: I will use your numbers, I have not researched but you guys seem to be pretty much in agreement about the number of schools. You have 281 Schools, 127 participate in the All "A". That is 45%. If you look at a 4 class system it should be 25% or a 3 class system 33%. If you have nearly half of the teams in the state participating how can it be a small school showcase? Surely we can agree that if you never change the number and enrollment continues to decline eventually most teams in the state will be eligible. There must be a lowering of the number much as some of us get cost of living adjustments on our paychecks. I also question the fact that the bigger schools participating have anything to do with the money factor. It may have some effect on Regional Tourneys but at the state level I disagree. Each year we see several smaller private schools at Richmond and they bring small crowds. The Tourney continues to thrive thru corporate sponsorship. Also your regionals may be attended better by the smaller school fans if they felt they had a chance to advance. If there is a mismatch, regardless of who the opponents are big or small, public or private you will have smaller crowds. That's the fact. By The Way: The All A Classic is dominated by the private schools, whether they be big or small in size. There have been 13 tournaments with: 9 Champions, 5 Runner-Ups. And if you exclude Regions 12 Thru 16 who have sent only 2 private school participants to the All A State, over half of the teams winning Regional titles have been private schools. 73 out of 143 participants have been private schools. Stan started the tourney but Dayton has yet to advance to the state level. Maybe there are more things that need to be addressed than enrollment size.
  2. This is such an assinine thread that I would normally skip over. But, considering I have two young girls and no boys, I better take up for the girls. I agree that you won't find many teams that would be competitive and for the most part across the board blowouts. But I can't imagine that the West Carter girls couldn't give MMA all they could handle. This team lost 93-2 to Berea, no knock on Berea but they are 3-3. And I feel confident that Lex Cath's freshmen could handle MMA. There again complimenting MMA for playing despite long odds, it is very commendable. But I think you could find a few exceptions across the state where a top girls team could knock off a bottom boys team. The old addage: NEVER SAY NEVER. Chaminade did beat Virginia!!!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.