Everything posted by X`s and O`s
-
WANTED! New Coach at Greenup County
Do the kids mess up? Of course they do. they are high school players. And last year ,when they won the District he didn't do any thing different , No changes, so if u lose a lot during the year, you don't change things then win.. I`d say the kids got hot, and played really good. If there was a major change in playing style or some then . Then I would say different .
-
WANTED! New Coach at Greenup County
And to Colonels Wear Blue. I was not talking myself up , with playing varsity for 4 years, and all that. Agent 33 said, I never played or coached, so I just told him little about me..
-
WANTED! New Coach at Greenup County
To Colonels Wear Blue.... Can you tell me what this defense is called? 2guys play zone, and 3 play man. I don't know, had to ask a Jv player what defense we where in. Staying in a defense as its getting killed, will stay in a 2-3 , while they make 3 after 3. Not calling time out when the other team is on a run. Press break, trying to break a 2-2-1 with 2 in front court and 1 at mid. That's 3 on 4, and we turned it over a lot. Thank goodness Harold seen Elliott Co break it, with 3 in front court and 1 at mid. Next game VS Morgan CO, no problem with the press. A pee wee coach should know how to break a 2-2-1. Then he plays 10 kids, Greenup is not UK. I think 7 maybe 8. When we press 1-2-1-1 , don't need both centers in the game if pressing. Need more speed, not a 6`7 center at mid court, he needs to be all the way back.. Why doesn't Greenup play more man on man? I was told Harold doesn't think we match up , with most teams.. I don't see how they don't, there is size and speed. Most coaches play zone when they are undersized or slow, not much talent. End of game fouling , I have seen this a hand full of times. Waiting till there`s 30 sec left , to start fouling when Greenup need`s to foul 4 or 5 times to get them in the 1 and 1.. VS West Carter , up 8 with 25 sec left till half, did we hold for 1 shot? No , then West cut it to 5. Greenup lost by 1, did that cost them the game? But it didn't help. That happens a lot, Greenup has lost a ton of close games the last 2 years, and better coaching wins them. Greenup needs more set plays on offense, to much standing around,, and needs to keep centers on the low block. Not at the top of the key. If running a high low set, Grooms plays great at the foul line. Keep Jair low. Grooms can shoot, pass , and drive from there, does it well. Jherrell Jackson, can get to the basket, clear it out and let him go. that's what he does best. Not using what the players do best, is a major problem. There are so many options , with the size , speed, and they way they shoot the 3. IF this is not enough for Colonels Wear Blue, just say . I can come up with more.
-
WANTED! New Coach at Greenup County
If you have looked through this thread, I have took up for Ashland`s coach, and they are 1 and 18 .Sometimes its the kids (lack of talent ) and sometimes coaching. Greenup had talent last year and lost, got hot and made a run. This year is the same. If Greenup didn't have any talent, it would be a different story. OR may be HAROLD saves his "best coaching" for the tournament ..
-
WANTED! New Coach at Greenup County
No, he`s ok. But thanks for asking. up
-
WANTED! New Coach at Greenup County
He did, no the kids played great. Gage Hughes and Jair Jackson took over. And in the Rowan game Hughes broke O J Mayo`s scoring by a 8th grader, and made 8 foul shot in the last minuet of the game. What Tackett did do is cost them the next game VS Ashland.
-
WANTED! New Coach at Greenup County
The past 2 years it is for sure . Be fore that may be a few. I think be for Tackett , 3 of the 4 had winning teams, the other one was close to 500. there `s a problem somewhere. And some times it is the lack of players.
-
WANTED! New Coach at Greenup County
True its a very bad year. A bunch of winning seasons , district championships , and a hand full of regional final games. Should help a bit, but may be not..
-
WANTED! New Coach at Greenup County
And for you people giving me a hard time about anonymity , where is your real name. And in a past post on this thread ,I answered why.
-
WANTED! New Coach at Greenup County
First of all, please point out where I have personally attacked this man. I am only speaking of his coaching ability. These discussions happen everyday on ESPN. Anonymity is everywhere. It is part of sports media and political media every day.
-
WANTED! New Coach at Greenup County
Kids got hot, if you remember 13 and 15 in regular season, then he killed us vs Ashland in regional seim . In 2n quarter ,keeping both big men on bench, as we got out rebounded ,and down 20 at half.
-
WANTED! New Coach at Greenup County
That's who should still be there. 18 and 10 and won district. Hughes coached and won many games in Ohio, and top AAU teams. Now Nickel is at SSU girls. I don't know why ,if fired or left? That would been a nice way to build a winner.
-
WANTED! New Coach at Greenup County
Thanks , glad you think so. Didn't say I was, would love to try. Just answered Agent 33.
-
WANTED! New Coach at Greenup County
People being hard on coach Biggs. I don't understand that at all. He`s had a lot of great years. And Miller out some, and a tuff bunch of games. Schedule is strong.
-
WANTED! New Coach at Greenup County
Would love to have a coaching job. Without being a teacher it`s really hard. And yes I played ,4 years varsity so on some really good teams. Got recruited , but chose to play college baseball instead.. Also coached some pee -wee. And I`m not a know it all, he`s that bad!
-
WANTED! New Coach at Greenup County
HA, HA ....Little Johnny is playing fine, but thanks for asking!
-
WANTED! New Coach at Greenup County
Go Greenup.
-
WANTED! New Coach at Greenup County
privet joke ?
-
Morgan County 70 Raceland 54 (16th Region All A)
I sure he is a good kid, and to do what he does I know he has worked hard. im not going personal on him. Just debating his game. All players have flaw`s. And I`m just giving my opinion of the 3 or 4 times I`ve seen him play.
-
Morgan County 70 Raceland 54 (16th Region All A)
First he is good, but if you look at the games when they played better teams , his numbers are not as good. The Bath Co games and some others have really helped . He gets a lot of layups in those games.
-
WANTED! New Coach at Greenup County
I would love to talk basketball with him, and if i new 100% that it wouldn't hurt my son, i would. but who knows what he [Harold] would or could do... this is a debate site, so ill use it.
-
Morgan County 70 Raceland 54 (16th Region All A)
Where did you get fg %? What I seen on the one list, seemed lower than that. I'll check that,
-
WANTED! New Coach at Greenup County
Sounds like he should go back.
-
WANTED! New Coach at Greenup County
Or baseball,, Greenup Co has great baseball, and coach`s
-
Morgan County 70 Raceland 54 (16th Region All A)
I miss read,, I think Redparth is a really good player, I think better than Perry. He plays good D, rebounds, and scores on a lot less shots. and stirring the pot or not, its strange how basketball players keep ending up in Morgan CO., just saying. I hope the kid does well, not a hater.