Playmakers 2nd, 3rd, and 4th grade teams played in Knoxville, Tn this past weekend and all were solid with some impressive wins. Also played Thursday night at the Whitley County Storm and won 3rd and 4th grade games by 40 points. KBA bound on Saturday. 7 teams playing with most all playing up a grade against older kids, should be interesting.
Sorry Qryche, I'm obviously a newbie to the scene and saw the 50 other posts about 2nd, 3rd, and 4th grade basketball so I thought that.....Oh well, again I'm a newbie and don't know how to start a thread so If you'd be so kind myself and the other posters will jump on it. Until then I'll respond to what I see. Peace
Last night the playmakers 3rd grade team(1 2nd grader) beat the Whitley county central team 50-3 and the 4th graders(a couple 3rd graders played)beat Whitley 45-18. The Playmakers are going to tourney in Knoxville next weekend. Updates to follow.
The playmaker "grey" team was his 4th graders. They were 2-0 as was the thunder. The white team you guys beat by 22 was his 3rd grade "A" squad with 2 fourth graders playing on them. Not taking away anything though, you guys have a very good team as well. I wish that Shepherd would play his kids in the grades they belong so they would be more competitive. Got another tourney at KBA on Dec 7th-maybe see you there "raiderbird" and good luck with the rest of the year.
The playmakers do not have a 5th grade team, that was his 3rd/4th graders playing up. Also his 2nd grade "A team" played up in the 3rd grade. There were some very good players there.
A little late time wise for this discussion, but I've got a kid that plays on Sheppards team and they have picked up a 2nd grader who stands over 5 foot and is the best ball handler I've ever saw at this age. He should dominate the 2nd grade and if what the kids mother told me was correct, he recently played in a KBA 4th grade league and was the best there. Just my point of view but probably as good any kid Sheppards got. Look out......