Everything posted by Redsfan4
-
Ryle 5 Conner 3
Clyde, there was an earlier altercation between Maines and Brennan at the plate. Maines either tripped Brennan or Brennan tried to make it look that way and both teams got a warning. The next inning, there was a play at the plate involving I believe Brennan again. Hart blocked the plate and Maines ran over into the 3rd base line and cut the ball off. They threw him out for tripping the player. Im not totally sure but I always thought that the catcher had the right to the plate in that situation
-
Who's the Best Hitter in the 9th region so far
Thomas Baumann from Ryle is a heck of a hitter. Fast and smart on the base paths and can hit for power as I think he has or is close to the school record for triples.
-
Scott injury woes continue
Hate to hear this happen to any kid. Hope he comes back and plays well wherever he goes. Another tough break for a talented Scott team
-
Ryle vs Conner predictions
Which is very good for the Cougars because from what I heard, he dominated Harrison in his 2 innings of work
-
Highlands 4 Covington Catholic 2
I've noticed that this is a very uncharacteristic Cov Cath team. They get very sloppy at times. I've also seen that some teams are using the bunt AGAINST the man that seemingly invented it (Krumps). Did HHS do any bunting Saturday morning??
-
Ryle vs Conner predictions
I think we all assume Maines is pitching for Conner. Ryle is up in the air but I'd guess they go back to Mason. Kept the Cougars off balance in their last meeting. However, if we look back at the last game between the two, Conner threw two sophomores (one a jv player) And Conner nearly pulled it out. Still a great win for the Raiders. With that being said, I say that it's hard to go against Conner any time that Maines is on the mound and Fogle is in the leadoff spot
-
Best Catchers
I think Nick Pope from Cov Cath is one of the top catchers around. Kid blocks and frames really well. His best pop-time was clocked at 1.89 and guys just don't steal on him. His only down side is that he is a very streaky hitter. Like Jay Bruce, he'll be the best hitter one month and the worst hitter in the next. Still a fantastic catcher though
-
Who are the Top 5 Pitchers thus far in the 9 Region?
I'm actually going to be a little different here. Based on what I've seen I would say Dunn (Cooper) Davis (CCH) Ganns(Boone) Cain(NCC) Smiley(Conner) These 5 have all been shut down guys for their team and yes, I am a big fan of the south paws