Coach Rex Cooksey will be missed; but I do have high hopes for Derek, and even Brett, once he graduates. If there's any silver lining, what-so-ever in this accouncement; it's that Fairview's team is solid.. Derek, or whoever takes the reigns won't have a lot of untapped talent to worry about..
Best Wishes to the Little School that produces Great Athletes!
When did any coach tell the two football players to quit playing football? That's a statement I'd love to see backed up with facts. The two boys who quit football--I've heard from their mouths didn't want to play anymore and it had nothing to do with coaches advising them to focus on basketball...
however, I feel if a student athlete wants to compete at both sports, he/she should be encouraged by both teams coaches.
Fairview is going to be extremely tough. With Gunter, Jackson, and Fannin in the paint--I suspect they and Rose Hill will meet up to claim their district, and one will claim the 16th region.
Caleb Collins is great, and having Trey Stai as the pg, Fairview looks great..
Depth may be their only setback.
Boyd County has a very young core of potential great players. Brandon Lowe (Freshman to be) will be strong. The few seniors they have will be good, but watch out for Cody Miller and Austin Rankin to make a big impact for there shooting offense.