10th Region Freshmen Tournament

Brossart High School will serve as proud hosts to the 2012 10th Region Freshmen Tournament this coming Wednesday and Thursday evenings.

Wednesday nights games will be: 6:30pm District 40 Champ vs Harrison County (38th Dist)

8:00pm Brossart (37th Dist) vs Mason County (39th Dist)

Championship Game will be Thursday night at 7:30pm

All three 10th Region Freshmen games will be broadcast live via the http://www.bmustangs.com website.

I had posted this question previously, is the 40th even having a district tourny? From my understanding and the information I got they were not going to have one. I would then assume that they would just send the team in which had the top varsity seeding in the district???????????????? Can anyone confirm?

I had posted this question previously, is the 40th even having a district tourny? From my understanding and the information I got they were not going to have one. I would then assume that they would just send the team in which had the top varsity seeding in the district???????????????? Can anyone confirm?

Here is a quote from another thread:

kybred

icon1.png

Harrison did indeed win the 38th frosh district. They defeated both Nicholas County and Pendleton County at Pendleton on February 1. Harrison defeated GRC Frosh Feb. 2 in a regular season game, and I was told that
the 40th frosh district final would be played Monday February 6. GRC is slated to play the winner of Montgomery County- Bourbon County.

Thanks for the information Mustang. I am sure Bishop Brossart will be an excellent host for this tourney.

We will do our best!

Am having the cheerleaders make up some signs and producing a single-sheet handout with the team rosters listed. Todd Schafer will do PA. We are broadcasting the games live over the internet. We plan on providing the teams sandwiches and drinks following their games. I have ordered both championship and runner-up trophies and will permit the winner to cut down the nets.

We feel that a regional class tournament should be a memorable event, and a prelude to what could come later down the road for the participating teams.

STOP THE PRESSES!

As a result of a pre-determined set of brackets established by the 10th Region Athletic Directors back on September 30th, 2007, a blind draw is not the required format for seeding the tournament. As a result, and by declaration of the Athletic Directors' edict, the 37th Champion Brossart will play the 38th Champion Harrison County and the 39th District winner, Mason County, gets the 40th District champion, which should be determined on Monday night.

The NEW Wednesday night games are: 6:30pm - Mason County (39th) will take on the 40th Dist Champ

8:00pm - Brossart (37th) will take on Harrison County (39)

The Championship Game will be played at 7:30pm on Thursday night.

Passes will not be honored. Adults - $4, Students $2