Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Fantasy Dilemma

Featured Replies

Why did the trade get processed without your approval?
This is what I want to know. If the two guys somehow conspired to get the trade through without your approval then I would without a doubt reverse it.

 

If Yahoo passed the trade because you as commisioner let the time lapse then this rests clearly on your shoulders. My argument would be by not making an action within the time parameters you have implicitly allowed the trade. If this is the case the trade should stand. It's not the guys making the trade at fault here but the commish.

This is what I want to know. If the two guys somehow conspired to get the trade through without your approval then I would without a doubt reverse it.

 

If Yahoo passed the trade because you as commisioner let the time lapse then this rests clearly on your shoulders. My argument would be by not making an action within the time parameters you have implicitly allowed the trade. If this is the case the trade should stand. It's not the guys making the trade at fault here but the commish.

 

That's what I was thinking. If the league is set to require approval from the commish, it wouldn't have gone through without it. If there's a time period for approval that elapsed, then that is the same as approval. It is hard for me to see any justification for reversing the trade.

  • Author
This is what I want to know. If the two guys somehow conspired to get the trade through without your approval then I would without a doubt reverse it.

 

If Yahoo passed the trade because you as commisioner let the time lapse then this rests clearly on your shoulders. My argument would be by not making an action within the time parameters you have implicitly allowed the trade. If this is the case the trade should stand. It's not the guys making the trade at fault here but the commish.

 

I'm allowing it to stand. I can't penalize them for a system glitch/error.

 

The trade was offered at 10:30 AM Sunday, and accepted at 11:00 AM. I have it set up where I have sole reviewership of trades, and a time period of one day to review all trades. I never received an email regarding the proposed trade. No idea how it went through, but I've decided that the fairest course of action is to allow it to stand.

^ I would be red hot mad if I lost because of that system error. :lol: How did anyone know you didn't approve it? Wouldn't they just assume once it was processed you approved the trade?

  • Author
^ I would be red hot mad if I lost because of that system error. :lol: How did anyone know you didn't approve it? Wouldn't they just assume once it was processed you approved the trade?

 

They didn't know I didn't. They were asking when they made the trade because one minute Fitz was starting against them, then after the games started he was nowhere to be found, and Turner was in his place. They asked when it went through, and when I answered "what trade?" that got them going. :lol:

I'm allowing it to stand. I can't penalize them for a system glitch/error.

 

The trade was offered at 10:30 AM Sunday, and accepted at 11:00 AM. I have it set up where I have sole reviewership of trades, and a time period of one day to review all trades. I never received an email regarding the proposed trade. No idea how it went through, but I've decided that the fairest course of action is to allow it to stand.

:thumb: :thumb:

 

You made the right move. I've been a commish for 10+ years in various leagues and it sucks. If I didn't start this Bad QB league I'd be free from it.

You made the correct decision. I haven't had a serious issue arrive yet but it's bound to happen at least once per year.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.