Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

10th Region Cats' Pause preview

Featured Replies

Written by Jonathan Fraysure / WFTM Radio ( Mason Co, KY)

 

Teams:

 

1. Montgomery Co

2. GRC

3. Bracken Co

4. Campbell Co

5. Bishop Brossart

6. Paris

7. Harrison Co

8. St. Patrick

9. Scott

10. Mason Co

 

Players:

 

1. Sara Sticklen - Bracken Co

2. Macie Spence - Montgomery Co

3. Olivia Colliver - Montgomery Co

4. Jordan Doram - Harrison Co

5. Chelsea Douglas - St. Patrick

6. Brittani Gay - GRC

7. Taylor Stinson - Scott

8. Destiny Taul - Montgomery Co

9. Kelsey Carmack - Deming

10. Katilyn Siegmundt - Campbell Co

 

Your thoughts?

I don't think you can argue the top two at all. The 40th has long dominated girls basketball in the 10th.

 

The next three you could probably toss into a hat. I'm not sure what Campbell lost from last season, but they were awfully good. At first glance, I'd have to put them at #3. I think Bracken & Brossart are even at #4. Not sure about the status and/or stability of the Paris program. Don't know a lot about Harrison County. St. Patrick is always scrappy & they have a good returning core. Scott loses last year's best player in the 10th. Mason County will be interesting to see with a new coach at the helm, not to mention the loss of Katelyn Smith.

 

As far as top players go, Sticklen is #1. She was ranked #3 at the end of last year & both players ranked ahead of her graduated (Tibbs & Rogers).

 

As a Bracken County fan, it's going to be interesting to see how the Lady Bears deal with having a target on their back. Last year's team had four freshmen in the top seven players, had lost seven seniors from the season previous, & then lost its only senior mid-season to an ACL injury. The Lady Bears flew under the radar, had no pressure on them, & ended up winning a very entertaining 39th District tournament. The greenness showed itself, however, in the 10th region tourney loss to Pendleton County. This season will be far different for them, because expectations will be the exact opposite of what they were last year.

 

At the end of the day, it's Montgomery County's region to lose.

I would like to see Kelsey Carmack finish on a high note this year, she is doing well in volleyball, but for a young lady that had to have 3 surgeries in as many seasons. I just hope she stays healthy. She deserves to have a great Senior year.

  • Author
I don't think you can argue the top two at all. The 40th has long dominated girls basketball in the 10th.

 

The next three you could probably toss into a hat. I'm not sure what Campbell lost from last season, but they were awfully good. At first glance, I'd have to put them at #3. I think Bracken & Brossart are even at #4. Not sure about the status and/or stability of the Paris program. Don't know a lot about Harrison County. St. Patrick is always scrappy & they have a good returning core. Scott loses last year's best player in the 10th. Mason County will be interesting to see with a new coach at the helm, not to mention the loss of Katelyn Smith.

 

As far as top players go, Sticklen is #1. She was ranked #3 at the end of last year & both players ranked ahead of her graduated (Tibbs & Rogers).

 

As a Bracken County fan, it's going to be interesting to see how the Lady Bears deal with having a target on their back. Last year's team had four freshmen in the top seven players, had lost seven seniors from the season previous, & then lost its only senior mid-season to an ACL injury. The Lady Bears flew under the radar, had no pressure on them, & ended up winning a very entertaining 39th District tournament. The greenness showed itself, however, in the 10th region tourney loss to Pendleton County. This season will be far different for them, because expectations will be the exact opposite of what they were last year.

 

At the end of the day, it's Montgomery County's region to lose.

 

Campbell Co will be missing 3 seniors and their coach. Mike Murray of Bath Co will be the new coach.

Campbell Co will be missing 3 seniors and their coach. Mike Murray of Bath Co will be the new coach.

 

I can't believe I forgot about the departure of Cravens. Don't know anything about Mike Murray.

 

Do you know what caliber players those three departed young ladies were?

I would like to see Kelsey Carmack finish on a high note this year, she is doing well in volleyball, but for a young lady that had to have 3 surgeries in as many seasons. I just hope she stays healthy. She deserves to have a great Senior year.

 

I certainly hope Kelsey stays healthy and has a good season in her last year as a Deming Lady Devil. She's definitely had her share of obstacles to overcome with her injuries. She's a good kid, and I hope the best for her!

I certainly hope Kelsey stays healthy and has a good season in her last year as a Deming Lady Devil. She's definitely had her share of obstacles to overcome with her injuries. She's a good kid, and I hope the best for her!

 

:thumb:

I certainly hope Kelsey stays healthy and has a good season in her last year as a Deming Lady Devil. She's definitely had her share of obstacles to overcome with her injuries. She's a good kid, and I hope the best for her!

 

Good Luck Kelsey, you have many supporters this year!:thumb:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.