Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Reds/Bengals

Featured Replies

Past 20 years who has been better/worse? What grades would these franchises receive? Does any other city have a comparable 1-2 franchise punch like these the past 20 years?

  • Replies 32
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bengals F-

 

Reds C

Not counting this year the Reds have 6 winning records, 2 playoff appearances, 0 NL Pennants, and 0 World Series. Hardly seems average to me.
Not counting this year the Reds have 6 winning records, 2 playoff appearances, 0 NL Pennants, and 0 World Series. Hardly seems average to me.

 

I bumped them up a notch because they seem to be headed in the right direction with people who know what they are doing. (Other than Dusty) Probably should have went with D+.

  • Author
Bengals F-

 

Reds C

Correct me if I am wrong, but both have only made the playoffs twice the past 20 years each winning their respective divisions each time in getting in?
Past 20 years who has been better/worse? What grades would these franchises receive? Does any other city have a comparable 1-2 franchise punch like these the past 20 years?
Given the Indians success in the late '90's I'd say Cincy has them beat. But the Browns/Indians at least deserve a mention. Which further proves what I've always heard---Ohio Sucks!
Correct me if I am wrong, but both have only made the playoffs twice the past 20 years each winning their respective divisions each time in getting in?

 

Correct.

  • Author
Given the Indians success in the late '90's I'd say Cincy has them beat. But the Browns/Indians at least deserve a mention. Which further proves what I've always heard---Ohio Sucks!
And in fairness the Browns were an expansion team during this time. They at least won a game in the playoffs if memory serves me correct.
I threw in 1990 for my ranking. Let's go with last 21 years. :D I also bumped them up a notch because they seem to be headed in the right direction with people who know what they are doing. (Other than Dusty)
Haha, if you get to '90 then they receive a good bump. But, the question is last 20 years...not 21.
And in fairness the Browns were an expansion team during this time. They at least won a game in the playoffs if memory serves me correct.
Good point on the expansion. I'm also not sure on the playoff game.
  • Author
Haha, if you get to '90 then they receive a good bump. But, the question is last 20 years...not 21.
Bengals would get a little bump as well. But yes, last 20.
Haha, if you get to '90 then they receive a good bump. But, the question is last 20 years...not 21.

 

I was just kidding, I give them a grade up because of their recent "success" and they actually have a plan in place and a solid core of players.

  • Author
I was just kidding, I give them a grade up because of their recent "success" and they actually have a plan in place and a solid core of players.
Wouldn't you have said the same thing about the Bengals just a few seasons ago? From afar I agree the stability seems to be better.
Wouldn't you have said the same thing about the Bengals just a few seasons ago? From afar I agree the stability seems to be better.

 

They just got lucky and everything came together at the right time a few different years. The NFL is built for your team to be good at some point every few years. You shouldn't go 10 years without making the playoffs. They always had a messed up scouting department and front office and that hasn't changed. The Reds have people that are proven (Walt) to have success in the MLB which they didn't in the past.

I was just kidding, I give them a grade up because of their recent "success" and they actually have a plan in place and a solid core of players.
Their recent success was getting swept out of the playoffs. This year has been a pretty big disappointment. It seems a stretch to call winning a very weak division one time "recent success". Didn't the '09 Bengals teach you anything? :D

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.