Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Garrard County 40 Clay County 38 (4OT)

Featured Replies

Great game in Lancaster tonight between two pretty solid clubs. Garrard led 16-0 at halftime before Clay County put up 24 consecutive points in the second half. Garrard answered with a late drive, scoring with under a minute on the clock to tie the game.

 

In overtime, both sides scored in the first OT, while neither side scored in the second or third OT. In the fourth overtime, Garrard's Cory Wilson scored a touchdown and a 2-point conversion. Clay County scored a touchdown, but their conversion pass was incomplete.

 

Really impressive showing by the Garrard defense tonight. I realize the points allowed are high, but that's partly due to a couple overtimes. The offense still has some work to do but overall a good start to the season.

Congrats to Garrard! May have cost me a win on "Beat the Experts"

I was at this game. I thought when Clay was driving eight minutes to go and the game tied, that they had it bagged up. I actually left the game to miss the crowd out and get something for myself and my sons to eat before going home. As we drove through Lancaster, we saw a firework go off and figured they must have scored or won. I hate it that we didn't stay to see it to the end, but, we had to get the kids home and to bed for today's game against Sheldon Clark. Congrats to Coach Mark Scenters, wish I hadn't left the game. Your boy #1 Markel Hayes(spelling?) is a player there in Lancaster.

  • Author
#1 Markel Hayes(spelling?) is a player there in Lancaster.

 

Hayes is very solid. Along with #24 Cory Wilson they provide a really nice inside-outside combination. I was a little surprised that Garrard didn't throw it a little more last night but perhaps the coaches saw something working on the ground and kept with it.

Must have been a very exciting game. Congrats to the Golden Lions.

Your right about the Wilson kid GCHS...he looked solid as well carrying the ball. I think that this might be a pretty good year for Garrard. I wish you all the best of luck. I usually try to make a Garrard game at least once a year. Last year was the game against West Jessamine at Lincoln. Hayes impressed me then. He was suffering cramps in the legs last night...I hope he gets over that for you all.

  • Author

GC.jpg

 

A good picture from the end of the 4th overtime.

  • Author

Both sides laid it all on the line Friday night. It was almost like a playoff game. The Clay kids were obviously spent but after a short celebration it almost seemed like the Garrard kids were just as exhausted. Great way to start a new season.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.