A Dance With Dragons

5wide

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did you end up liking AFFC?
I liked it and after about a third of the book it read pretty quickly for me. But, I still think splitting the book was a poor move and I don't share the sentiments on the Arya chapters making up for loss of Dany (and Jon Snow really). Each time I took a break from reading it my thoughts drifted towards what was going on with them. Also, by splitting it I have found that so far A Dance With Dragons is moving pretty slowly.

I said this jokingly to a friend, but part of me thinks Martin just wants to see what all he can do (splitting the book geographically, taking forever, etc.) and still keep his fans. :lol:

Started AFFC last night and finished it around 11 today. Took a nap and I'm now 50 pages into A Dance With Dragons. I really need to get it finished by Thursday as I move this weekend and am in a wedding the following one.

Please do, I'm dying not being able to talk to anyone about it :lol:.

I liked it and after about a third of the book it read pretty quickly for me. But, I still think splitting the book was a poor move and I don't share the sentiments on the Arya chapters making up for loss of Dany (and Jon Snow really). Each time I took a break from reading it my thoughts drifted towards what was going on with them. Also, by splitting it I have found that so far A Dance With Dragons is moving pretty slowly.

I said this jokingly to a friend, but part of me thinks Martin just wants to see what all he can do (splitting the book geographically, taking forever, etc.) and still keep his fans. :lol:

I wouldn't disagree. I wish he would have kept going chronologically. But, it didn't bother me as much as some. I'd like to try to read the books in chronological order some time, although it would be inconvenient to have to pack AFFC and ADWD around together when you got to that point.

I'm about 100 pages from the end of ADWD. I'll have it finished no later than tomorrow evening I believe. It has taken me longer than I expected. I haven't been able to find as much time as I'd hoped.

Finished last night, now I just need to wait until retirement for the next book.

Just going to unload all my spoiler talk now.

Jon Dead?

Stannis Dead?

Barristan Selmy, baddest dude in the books?

Aegon "Young Griff"- Lots of questions here. If Varys has been getting Westeros ready for him, why didnt we get an earlier mention?

Was Brown Ben Dany's treason for gold?

Lots more but now I wanna focus on the things I thought were the best things in the book

Jon taking of Janos Slynt's head. Pay back for Ned

The Bran chapters were not THAT bad this time around

The line "The North Remembers"

The way Arya killed the man. Took me 2 reads to figure out but I got it

Victarion was really awesome in this book

Remaining Mysteries

Danys 3 Dragons Riders

Jon's parentage

Danys 3 things- 3 fires you must light, 3 mounts you will ride, 3 treasons you will know

STILL no Benjen

Brienne's Word, didnt think we would get it here but she is alive

Okay I'm done for now :lol: Been building up a list and now I get to unleash it.

Just going to unload all my spoiler talk now.

Jon Dead? Shocked the bejeesus out of me, not sure if it is indeed true or not though. If so then the whole theory about his parentage gets tossed out the window and then urinated upon.

Stannis Dead? I think that was a boast by Ramsay to provoke a reaction. Not realizing who Abel and the women were threw me off and I can't believe I didn't catch on sooner.

Barristan Selmy, baddest dude in the books? Um....yes! I knew he was a badarse from book one though because when they sent two guys to seize him he calmly killed them and moved on, without his armor or sword. Just a knife.

Aegon "Young Griff"- Lots of questions here. If Varys has been getting Westeros ready for him, why didnt we get an earlier mention? This one came out of left field and took me by surprise big time. Oddly enough he and Dany might be the perfect combination to retake Westeros and unite it. I liked him for the most part, although he was a bit rash.

Was Brown Ben Dany's treason for gold? Good question, I am still not sure what the heck the prophecies are doing and where they are going.

Lots more but now I wanna focus on the things I thought were the best things in the book

Jon taking of Janos Slynt's head. Pay back for Ned. I just saw it as someone who had it coming long ago.

The Bran chapters were not THAT bad this time around I really liked the Bran chapters, seeing the Children of the Forest and the stuff with the Weirwoods really appealed to me.

The line "The North Remembers" I am glad to see that, I just hope the Boltons get theirs soon.

The way Arya killed the man. Took me 2 reads to figure out but I got it I had to go back over the paragraphs a few times too, but once I did I was quite impressed.

Victarion was really awesome in this book I agree! I was thinking about that earlier today, he was awesome!

Remaining Mysteries

Danys 3 Dragons Riders Dany, Aegon and Brown Ben maybe?????

Jon's parentage May never be revealed at this rate.

Danys 3 things- 3 fires you must light, 3 mounts you will ride, 3 treasons you will know

STILL no Benjen Something tells me he is Coldhands

Brienne's Word, didnt think we would get it here but she is alive

Okay I'm done for now :lol: Been building up a list and now I get to unleash it.

I was kind of bummed we didn't have any Sam chapters from when he got to Oldtown. I am quite curious as to how things transpired, especially with the Maester that was into all the sorcery and dragonlore.