East/West All Star Games this weekend

Should be some good games. Also on Saturday, the regional players of the year as well as coaches of the year will be recognized.

Congrats to Jessie Huff, Hopkins County Central head coach, going into the hall of fame.

Here is link to website and more information.

http://www.kyhighschoolsoftball.com/allstar.htm

Congrats to Coach Huff!

Sarge, Im sure you were at the game. Missed you, but I was there. WV had a good team. Thought they were going to beat NL. Like many teams there, I think the heat break was to Hopkins Central advantage. There were several games that the break actually was a break for one of the teams. Your thoughts?

Sarge, Im sure you were at the game. Missed you, but I was there. WV had a good team. Thought they were going to beat NL. Like many teams there, I think the heat break was to Hopkins Central advantage. There were several games that the break actually was a break for one of the teams. Your thoughts?

First year for the heat restrictions and I must say I thought it broke up the games badly. There seemed to be inconsistency in the readings. They took a reading around 1100 and said that the heat index had dictated that play must be suspended then around 1230 it was fine to resume play. I have taken heat index reading for awhile and I can't remember readings that went down going into the heat of the afternoon unless a storm front was coming. There were none in sight. I thought that they should started games earlier morning on the days in question and ended them for the mid-day then picked them back up again around 5pm. That way instead of the gril I spoke with alot of people at the tournament and they felt the same way I did. Our team is very much momentium team and it was a back breaker to have the game stopped and started. I understand that they are thinking safety but I would rather go with the way I mentioned earlier. Congrats to Hopkins Central on a fine season and tournament! You guys had a fine team.

First year for the heat restrictions and I must say I thought it broke up the games badly. There seemed to be inconsistency in the readings. They took a reading around 1100 and said that the heat index had dictated that play must be suspended then around 1230 it was fine to resume play. I have taken heat index reading for awhile and I can't remember readings that went down going into the heat of the afternoon unless a storm front was coming. There were none in sight. I thought that they should started games earlier morning on the days in question and ended them for the mid-day then picked them back up again around 5pm. That way instead of the gril I spoke with alot of people at the tournament and they felt the same way I did. Our team is very much momentium team and it was a back breaker to have the game stopped and started. I understand that they are thinking safety but I would rather go with the way I mentioned earlier. Congrats to Hopkins Central on a fine season and tournament! You guys had a fine team.

I have taken them in Ft Thomas for FTJRFL before and i have had a 10 degree swing in ten15min with the wind. Depending on how bad a person wants to play is how the meter is read.

I have taken them in Ft Thomas for FTJRFL before and i have had a 10 degree swing in ten15min with the wind. Depending on how bad a person wants to play is how the meter is read.

My point exactly. Not a real reading of what the the heat index is.