Ky Colonels 1 Panthers 0 U-16 Summer Game

Behind CovCath Brandon Ward and HHS Quentin Murray the Ky U-16 Colonels shutout the Panthers on 3 hits by a score of 1-0. It was fast well played game by both teams.

Ky Colonels U-16 pitching

Ward (W) 5 complete innings 83 pitches 22 PA 2 hits 0 runs 0 earned runs 2 walks 4 K's and 3 HBP

Murray (Sv) 2 complete innings 37 pitches 8 PA 1 hit 0 runs 0 earned runs 2 walks 3 K's and 1 HBP

Ky Colonels U-16 Hitting

Suchanek (Beechwood) 3 PA

Pope (CovCath) 3 PA and 1 walk

Murray (HHS) 3 PA and 1 walk

Collins ( Cooper) 3 PA 1 hit and 1 walk

Caple (Dixie) 3 PA 1 K and 1 HBP

Ward (CovCath) 3 PA and 2 K's

Kuebbing (St. Henry) 3 PA 1 run and 1 hit (Double)

Heppler (CovCath) 2 PA and 1 K

Davis (Ryle) 2 PA 1 hit 1 rbi 1 walk and 1 sb

Dwyer (Walton V) 2 PA 1 hit

Here's a little perspective. The Bluegrass Buzz u16 run ruled the Panthers.

There are some nice players on both teams and a lot of good kids. The other thing is both teams probably have 16-18 kids so scores and game outcomes may be the result of who played that particular game and who pitched, etc. As an example, the KY Col's players that were sitting during this game beat Cincinnati Baseball 4 to 2 the day before who were currently undefeated against local teams (according to what their parents said). So scores of games can be misleading at times. Both teams have good kids and I wish for a healthy and productive season for both squads.

There are some nice players on both teams and a lot of good kids. The other thing is both teams probably have 16-18 kids so scores and game outcomes may be the result of who played that particular game and who pitched, etc. As an example, the KY Col's players that were sitting during this game beat Cincinnati Baseball 4 to 2 the day before who were currently undefeated against local teams (according to what their parents said). So scores of games can be misleading at times. Both teams have good kids and I wish for a healthy and productive season for both squads.

That was exactly my point. We all know that baseball is unlike most sports where really on any given day any team can beat another. That was the perspective of the post.

That was exactly my point. We all know that baseball is unlike most sports where really on any given day any team can beat another. That was the perspective of the post.

Then your post made no sense. You should have said the above if that was your point. I don't think I'm the only one that misunderstood. If I was then it's just me.

Sorry for the wording.:isurrender: Looks to me like the boys forgot to bring their bats to the game. Only 7 hits total. Almost as many HBP's. Does anyone know where I can find game results for the Colonels ?

Agreed hja. NKY Panthers were just back from a tournament at Indiana State and some of the key players were given the night off to rest sore arms, backs, etc. Both the Buzz and the Colonels are non-league games with the NKY Panthers. Tournaments and league games seem to get more emphasis than non-league weekday games.

I think all three of the teams that have been mentioned in this thread are very good teams with competitive, well skilled athletes. The balance of power could shift every time the three teams play.