Tyler Bray from Lloyd wins High Jump at 2A Track and Field State Meet

Tyler Bray is a first time track participant this year and qualified for the state meet in 4 different events. He placed 1st in the high jump with a jump of 6'8. He also placed 8th in the 110 hurdles. This kid is a tremendous athlete and still has another year!

He attempted to play hoops for Lloyd, but had two pretty serious injuries that sidelined him most of the year. At the beginning of the year he had a broken wrist when he when up for a dunk and someone undercut him. He taped it up and finished the game and I believe had 20 points. Then, he was back for maybe 2 games and he tore ligaments in his ankle when he came down on someone's foot. That sidelined him the rest of the year.

He was very impressive on the AAU circuit last summer. He is not an offensive scoring threat unless it is above the rim, but defensively this kid can block and rebound. He is the quickest I have ever seen getting off the ground. A kid can pump fake and get him in the air and he will still be able to block your shot. He played freshman year at Ryle, sat out his sophomore year, and was hurt most of his junior year. I hope he plays basketball next year as a senior as he is easily one of the most impressive athletes in the 9th region. He played on the same AAU team last year with Dontel Rice and Bray gets up higher and is quicker off of the ground. Rice has much better ball skills and is much smoother. Those two high-flyers were very fun to watch last summer!