Mike Mendenhaul III to be named Lafayette Coach

Her post said he is 32 yrs old and was an assistant at Lex Cath. I seem to remember him playing at Transy but that could be wrong.

I believe his dad (same name) is a long time fixture at Lex Cath coaching middle school and assistant at the high school.

Her post said he is 32 yrs old and was an assistant at Lex Cath. I seem to remember him playing at Transy but that could be wrong.

I believe his dad (same name) is a long time fixture at Lex Cath coaching middle school and assistant at the high school.

Thanks that is who I thought it was.

Edited by gold sunrise

I believe it was Scott Mendanhall that played at Transy.

I do find it funny that the entire district (with the exception of Tates Creek) is filled with LexCath disciples now. Won't be hard to prepare for these teams. Of course, that is assuming Mendenhall brings that system with him and I know nothing about him so I have no idea whether he will or not.

I believe it was Scott Mendanhall that played at Transy.

I do find it funny that the entire district (with the exception of Tates Creek) is filled with LexCath disciples now. Won't be hard to prepare for these teams. Of course, that is assuming Mendenhall brings that system with him and I know nothing about him so I have no idea whether he will or not.

Mendenhall played point guard for Danny Haney at Lexington Catholic in the mid-1990s and was on the '96 team that reached the Sweet Sixteen.

He was a Knights assistant under Haney from 2000-02 and was part of their state title team in '02.

Mendenhall joined Damon Kelley's staff at Lafayette in 2003 and stayed three seasons before returning to Lexington Catholic.

Mendenhall said the Generals will employ Lexington Catholic's trademark style: "Attack, attack, attack. That's all I know; that's all we'll do."

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2011/05/06/1731375/lafayette-high-school-names-new.html#ixzz1LajMbMg5

I have a lot of respect for Mike and his dad. What I will be interested in, is if Mike, the dad, will stay on LexCath's bench. IMO that is a change of the last few years that helped LexCath get to the sweet sixteen.