Bishop Brossart 32 St. Henry 2 (5 innings)

I was told that this was the correct final score even though BBHS's coaches called it in as a 12-2 win.

Couple questions come to mind...

1. Did BBHS play station-to-station after attaining a certain amount of runs?

2. Is St. Henry THAT bad this year?

3. No matter what the score is regardless if its a one run win or a 30+ run win, I feel you should call it in correctly. Why was it called in 12-2?

Please don't think I'm chastizing the BBHS program...I know they've had a good program the last decade or so...and I am not accusing them of running the score up by any means...if a team is really bad, it is hard to tell your subs to not try to get a hit.

12-0 - Brossart scored 12 runs on 19 hits and played errorless baseball.

Travis Norton allowed 2 runs on 1 hit with a pair of walks.

Tanner Norton hit a monsterous home run and also doubled.

St. Henry defeated NCC 8-7 yesterday, so I doubt that this is a true reflection of their talent/abilities.

St. Henry defeated NCC 8-7 yesterday, so I doubt that this is a true reflection of their talent/abilities.

Did St. Henry really play NCC on Thursday? According to the KHSAA scoreboard the following are the other two games St. Henry has played this year and they have NCC's first game as next week.

Mar 21, 11 Campbell County away 9 - 8 (W)

Mar 24, 11 Bourbon County away 1 - 8 (L)

Mustang-

NCC hasn't played their first game yet. They play McNicholas on Monday. St. Henry defeated Campbell Co. 9-8 earlier in the week.

I stand corrected. Was posting off the top of my head. Should have checked to get my facts straight.

Regardless a quality win for the Cru with the win over Campbell County - NOT NCC!

I was told that this was the correct final score even though BBHS's coaches called it in as a 12-2 win.

Couple questions come to mind...

1. Did BBHS play station-to-station after attaining a certain amount of runs?

2. Is St. Henry THAT bad this year?

3. No matter what the score is regardless if its a one run win or a 30+ run win, I feel you should call it in correctly. Why was it called in 12-2?

Please don't think I'm chastizing the BBHS program...I know they've had a good program the last decade or so...and I am not accusing them of running the score up by any means...if a team is really bad, it is hard to tell your subs to not try to get a hit.

The crusaders had 3 of their starters out during this game. (Mitch Kuebbing,center fielder. Dylan Bryant, shortstop. Kevin Peddicord, third base.) Their first 2 pitchers were both sophomores who have no varsity experience. There last pitcher is a senior who is not a pitcher. Congrats to St. Henry on their victory against Scott today 12-4

Were you at the game???

Obviously not.

I've been since informed that Statsmanhemsley posted the correct score (or very close to it).

St. Henry was obviously not 100% and those players representing the Cru yesterday had trouble defending the Mustangs.

I'm more than a little upset that I/we (our two websites covering Brossart baseball) were provided bogus information, that I defended here on a public forum.

I also understand that those providing us the information were between a rock and a hard place, since a 32-2 score would make us look like we severely ran up the score, but publishing something that is not factual and then asking us to substantiate it is not acceptable either.

With being provided a bogus score and my reporting off the top of my head that they had defeated the wrong team in previous days makes my creditability look somewhat shakey.

I'll do better in the future to regain your confidence.

Obviously not.

I've been since informed that Statsmanhemsley posted the correct score (or very close to it).

St. Henry was obviously not 100% and those players representing the Cru yesterday had trouble defending the Mustangs.

I'm more than a little upset that I/we (our two websites covering Brossart baseball) were provided bogus information, that I defended here on a public forum.

I also understand that those providing us the information were between a rock and a hard place, since a 32-2 score would make us look like we severely ran up the score, but publishing something that is not factual and then asking us to substantiate it is not acceptable either.

With being provided a bogus score and my reporting off the top of my head that they had defeated the wrong team in previous days makes my creditability look somewhat shakey.

I'll do better in the future to regain your confidence.

No need to apologize. You were going with what you were told, as was I. The only reason why I even posted the thread originally was because of the journalist in me in that if I was given a score, no matter what it was, I would have wanted to get the correct one. I was told some details on the game, and as I expected, BBHS did almost everything they could to try to keep the score down, including playing members of their freshman team. Everyone I've ever dealt with in the Stang nation has been first class and it appears they did what a first class program would do in the situation they were dealt.