Madison Southern 74 Model 65

Model came out inspired to play kind of like Berea did against Madison Central. Aaron Ponder was the difference in the ballgame. Ponder scored 19 of his game-high 30 points and grabbed four of his game-best 13 rebounds in the final period to win this one. Central is the favorite, but if Madison Southern can shoot better than they did against Model it should be a good game.

I was at the game and it was pretty bad officiating. Model played really good half court man defense and led most of the game. They were up 5 going into the final period, but the refs cost them the game in my opinion. 44-15 for 2 pretty evenly matched teams is a major difference. Almost impossible to overcome, but they almost did it. My hats off to the kids from Model.

I was at the game and it was pretty bad officiating. Model played really good half court man defense and led most of the game. They were up 5 going into the final period, but the refs cost them the game in my opinion. 44-15 for 2 pretty evenly matched teams is a major difference. Almost impossible to overcome, but they almost did it. My hats off to the kids from Model.

Yeah Model played a good game, as far as the fouls were concerned I thought Model played a little wild at times. They drove to the basket and were not in control and had several charges called on them. Also, anytime Southern went to the basket Model did not make it easy and Southern converted there free throws. The foul difference was due to the fact they shot a lot of outside and mid-range shots. When Southern put the press on to end the 3rd that is when Southern took control of the game. My hats off to Model who played about as well as they could have, but Aaron Ponder could not be stopped in the 4th quarter.

Yeah Model played a good game, as far as the fouls were concerned I thought Model played a little wild at times. They drove to the basket and were not in control and had several charges called on them. Also, anytime Southern went to the basket Model did not make it easy and Southern converted there free throws. The foul difference was due to the fact they shot a lot of outside and mid-range shots. When Southern put the press on to end the 3rd that is when Southern took control of the game. My hats off to Model who played about as well as they could have, but Aaron Ponder could not be stopped in the 4th quarter.

Did they drive out of control or did they shoot a lot of threes? Your statements are inconsistent. Also, if you charge that doesn't give FT's to the other team so that has no impact on Southern shooting 44 of them

Did they drive out of control or did they shoot a lot of threes? Your statements are inconsistent. Also, if you charge that doesn't give FT's to the other team so that has no impact on Southern shooting 44 of them

LOL...sorry I meant when they did drive they were called for charges. Most of Model's fouls were on loose balls, and Southern was trying to get it to the hoop a lot more than Model, because Southern only shot like 20% from three or something pretty close to that.