Coach Mike Listerman - Cov. Cath. The Mentor is Mending. Cinti Enquirer Article

Is this really a great article about Coach Listerman? The part about the Coaches vs Cancer game is great, but a lot of schools are already doing things like this. Don't get me wrong, i think Coach Listerman is an excellent coach, a great ambassador for the game of high school basketball, the Coaches Association, and most importantly Covington Catholic High School. He doesn't deserve all the criticism he takes on BGP. He is a good man, but this is not a great article. Any coach would have tried to stop one of his players from diving into the scorer's table.

Coach successfully protects his player from harm. Injures himself in the process. Coaches 2 more games in pain. Asks to put off elbow surgery until after the season. Undergoes surgery. First game missed since the mid-90's when he missed 1 game to attend his son's confirmation. First game back after surgery he coaches the team to a road upset against a talented Boone County squad. The article proceeds to document arch rivals joining together to support a mutual friend with cancer.

Yes, I think this is a great article about Coach Listerman (and Coach Chevalier also, for that matter).