Mason County 54 West Jessamine 53

Not a pretty game from The Barn in Mount Sterling.

First quarter score was something like 8-6, Colts. Royals led by 4 at half and went on a run to go up by 14 midway through the 3rd. A 35-footer by either #3 or #4 for WJ (sorry, I can't remember which one it was) cut the margin back to 5 at the end of 3. Colts scrapped, hustled and took the lead late but a couple of clutch three-balls from Tyler Black, a couple of scores from Setty inside (his outside shot wasn't falling) and finally a FT from Josh Harris with 4+ seconds left was the difference.

Italian at Melini's capped off the afternoon.:thumb:

West Jessamine is now 3-7 on the year, 5 of those losses have been by 4 points or less. The other two losses were by 7 and 10, tough group of kids.

Congrats to the Royals on finally ending the darn losing streak. Should be a great game tomorrow against Madison Central, there will be a rematch at the Fieldhouse in just a couple weeks.

Congratulations to Mason County's Treg Setty on scoring his 1,000th career point in this one.:thumb:

Yep and what was funny is that I was over in Manchester watching them take on Peebles. Which by the way, Blake Justice hit 13 three pointers, tied for 3rd all time in one game in Ohio prep history, unbelievable performance.

ANYHOO, Manchester wins the game, we are all heading home. My dad tells me, yeah, I saw Treg at the game talking to several people from Peebles. I was like ummm, that's impossible because I knew they were playing today. It didn't hit me for a few minutes that Mason County played an earlier game today. :lol:

Treg would have been a senior at Peebles this year with Blake Justice, that would have been quite the team.

Not a pretty game from The Barn in Mount Sterling.

First quarter score was something like 8-6, Colts. Royals led by 4 at half and went on a run to go up by 14 midway through the 3rd. A 35-footer by either #3 or #4 for WJ (sorry, I can't remember which one it was) cut the margin back to 5 at the end of 3. Colts scrapped, hustled and took the lead late but a couple of clutch three-balls from Tyler Black, a couple of scores from Setty inside (his outside shot wasn't falling) and finally a FT from Josh Harris with 4+ seconds left was the difference.

Italian at Melini's capped off the afternoon.:thumb:

Off the subject, but where is Melini's located? Thanks.

Off the subject, but where is Melini's located? Thanks.

On the bypass, next to the Goodwill. Turn at the entrance to Kroger, I believe.

Doesn't take much of an excuse for us to drive over to Morehead, Mount Sterling or Grayson (we've also been to the Melini's in Ironton, but that's a longer drive).