Southwestern 66 - Carroll County 64

It took the entire 1st half for CC to figure out how they call fouls in Indiana that put the girls in foul trouble. I thought they did a great job getting it together in the second half. They will continue to get better and really look strong at this point.

Southwestern probably shot 25 - 30 free throws.

Good game to all!

It took the entire 1st half for CC to figure out how they call fouls in Indiana that put the girls in foul trouble. I thought they did a great job getting it together in the second half. They will continue to get better and really look strong at this point.

Southwestern probably shot 25 - 30 free throws.

Good game to all!

25 - 30 really? How many did Carroll shoot? Was Southwestern attacking the basket?

25 - 30 really? How many did Carroll shoot? Was Southwestern attacking the basket?

I am not sure if it was 25-30 but their refs call it completely different than in the 8th region! Not really attacking the basket we just kept fouling and put them at the line early.

Carroll shot 11 and it seems that SW was at the line all night. Hopefully some stats will come out soon. They can shoot the 3 though!

The norm for Kentucky teams goiing to Indiana is an officiating culture shock that invariably benefits the Hoosier team. Touch, ticky-tack interpretations that normally restrict an uptempo flow tothe game. However, when they come over to the Bluegrass, there is normally no such of an advantage to the home team. It seems to often be a win-win situation for the Indiana teams, as they can "get away" with more contact than they are accustomed to having.