Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Middle School Football

Featured Replies

I've been told that Knox County's Middleschool football team beat Johnson County today to advance to the state semi-finals. I was unaware their was a championship format for football at this level. Can anyone shed some light this for me?

  • Author

I've learned their semi final game will be against Farnsley. A quick check with Google tells me that's a Jefferson County Magnet school. Any info?

The other side of the bracket is Lone Oak and S.Pulaski Co. Middle.

I did the PA the other day for a Bardstown-TK Stone middle school playoff game. The organizer said it had been going on about 3 years. There is something called the Kentucky Middle School Football Association, and they play an elimination tournament with the top 2 schools from each district advancing. I didn't know it existed either, but I got a free pork burger and coke out of the deal, and the game was entertaining, so its all good.

  • Author
Williamsburg Middle beat Cumberland 38-14 to advance.

 

Yeah, apparently there are 3 divisions plus a 7th grade playoff. Seems to be a lot of schools involved but I'm curious as to if this is truly a representation of the best in the state. I did see a lot of feeder schools for some of better high school teams involved.

  • Author
I did the PA the other day for a Bardstown-TK Stone middle school playoff game. The organizer said it had been going on about 3 years. There is something called the Kentucky Middle School Football Association, and they play an elimination tournament with the top 2 schools from each district advancing. I didn't know it existed either, but I got a free pork burger and coke out of the deal, and the game was entertaining, so its all good.

 

That's it. I believe I saw the name TK Stone mentioned as a D2 participant that was eliminated by Corbin, maybe?

Corbin won the Division 2 8th grade title beating TK Stone in the semifinals 38-0 and Lexington Catholic in the finals 56-28. They also won it as 7th graders last year when there was only one division. The Hounds have a pretty good group coming up to the high school level next year.

  • Author

I think Williamsburg won the small school division. That coupled with the Corbin and Southern Pulaski wins plus Knox County losing in the simi-finals speaks well of the future of football in our area.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.