Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Green County 43 Monroe County 27

Featured Replies

Congrats to Green, and what on earth has happened to Monroe?

A very good game to witness , the game was closer than the score indicates.

Hats off to Green, they played a solid, mistake free game and looked like a good team should at this point in the season… It doesn’t change my opinion of them, but to deny that they’re a good team would be crazy…

 

As for Monroe, I’m not at all happy with where we are, I feel like we have the right ingredients for success but the recipe is way out of whack. I feel like our defense is way worse than it should be. At this point in the season I can honestly say our defense has gotten worse, not better. I think at this point we need to have open tryouts with no positions safe, like I said before, I think we have the right ingredients. One of my biggest problems with our defense is the lack of impact our defense ends have on the running game, don’t believe me? Check the number of tackles our ends have at this point in the season, what you will find will be sad, especially when you consider how often teams run off tackle on us. I don’t know what happened to lining the ends up on the outside hip of the tackle and trying to get penetration to disrupt the play, instead our defensive ends play like linebackers and scrape the LOS, more often than not they take their self out of the play.

I hope that we can get it together in the next week, but it’s the wrong time in the season to be searching for something effective. At this point it should about fine tuning not overhauling…

The final score is somewhat misleading to how close the game was. Monroe actually played decent and Monroe still has the offensive threats. Monroe's O and D line is weaker compare to last year. And the line is where you could say " What Happen to Monroe" . Actually Green's defense look weaker this year compare to last year too.

Regardless of how "close the game was", it's still a W for the Dragons. Both teams definitely have some things to work on if they expect to make any noise in the playoffs.

Regardless of how "close the game was", it's still a W for the Dragons. Both teams definitely have some things to work on if they expect to make any noise in the playoffs.

 

Yes, it was a good win for green .

I think there's a pretty good chance these teams meet again in three weeks... Not sure the outcome will be any different, but if we can get by Washington Co. then it will most likely be another trip to Dragon Stadium for the Falcons...

I think there's a pretty good chance these teams meet again in three weeks... Not sure the outcome will be any different, but if we can get by Washington Co. then it will most likely be another trip to Dragon Stadium for the Falcons...

 

I hope that Monroe will meet Green again this year.

Only way these two teams could meet again in the Playoffs would be if both made it to Regional Championship game. That means Green Co has to beat Bardstown and Danville while Monroe Co would have to defeat Washington Co and Glasgow. The playoff pairings are set and should look exactly like this:

 

(1) Danville vs. (4) Metcalfe Co.

(2) Green Co. vs. (3) Bardstown

 

(1) Glasgow vs. (4) Fort Knox

(2) Washington Co. vs. (3) Monroe Co.

 

So as you see, it would be 3rd round of playoffs before these teams could meet. Both teams have a tough road to get there but could be done. Monroe Co would have to get by Washington and then defend an earlier loss against Glasgow. Green will have to go to Danville and win there again (just like in 2008). These playoffs will be tough, entertaining, and hard fought because there are 5 really good teams.

First offl I would like to give Green a little shout, they were the better team last night. They just flat out wanted it more, and played very good football. The fans were really good and to be honest so were Monroe's! This was a really good football game that had just about everything that makes a game great!

 

Now, if Monroe gets by Washington...and that is a big if, I do feel with confindence that they can avenge the earlier loss to a really good Glasgow squad. And I do feel if Green plays like they have been the last two weeks, Danville will absolutely have their hands full!!!!!

 

Granted this is best case....and the football GODS have to grant a little lee-way!

 

As far as the game between Monroe and Green, both teams played as fair as they both usually do and this was a hard fought battle on both sides of the ball.

Wow there are some interesting 1st round matchups in this region. Monroe and Washington is the best one. I will be watching for the scores when the playoffs start.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.