Corbin 71 Knott County Central 6

WILDMAN

Corbin scored in 3 plays, got an int back to the 6, scored once more, then recovered the ensuing kickoff in the endzone to make it 20-0 in first 3 minutes. From there it was a few starters mixed with JV players. By the end of the first quarter it was 41-0.

Freshmen with a few sophomores played the final 3 quarters and outscored the Patriots 30-6. Knott County's score came after Corbin turned it over on downs at about the 15. KCC probably only had 50 yards total offense if that.

One has to feel for the kids of Knott Central. They played hard but were just too overmatched. Corbin did not run the score up or intend to. The second half scores were a pick 6 and runs up the middle by 140 pound freshmen backs. Hats off to both teams.

I do feel for the Knott kids. I just can't understand how that program can be mired in worse than mediocrity for so long. The Knott Co. Judge Executive appears in an ad on WYMT promoting the county's sports programs and their indoor sports complex. I know they usually have a top notch Basketball team. How can an area and a school district put so much money and effort into other sports and allow their football team to sink to the level that they have?

I do feel for the Knott kids. I just can't understand how that program can be mired in worse than mediocrity for so long. The Knott Co. Judge Executive appears in an ad on WYMT promoting the county's sports programs and their indoor sports complex. I know they usually have a top notch Basketball team. How can an area and a school district put so much money and effort into other sports and allow their football team to sink to the level that they have?

It's jimmies And joes. You can have all the indoor fields, hire Vince Lombardi and out scheme everyone. If you athletes stink or are slow you won't win. Yes you can improve, but slow kids lose games. Draw any coverage you want, if your kid can't run with that kid, it's a touchdown. Xs and Os matter, but players are needed to run them.

It's jimmies And joes. You can have all the indoor fields, hire Vince Lombardi and out scheme everyone. If you athletes stink or are slow you won't win. Yes you can improve, but slow kids lose games. Draw any coverage you want, if your kid can't run with that kid, it's a touchdown. Xs and Os matter, but players are needed to run them.

So you're saying Knott County has no athletes? Most football players are developed, very few are born with the gift of a top athlete. There is not an area in the state that cannot, with the right feeder system, coaching, and public backing, field a competitive football team. Many others do it with far less.

There is not an area in the state that cannot, with the right feeder system, coaching, and public backing, field a competitive football team. Many others do it with far less.

Very true. In fact, north of Knott County is Breathitt County (good program). West of Knott County is Hazard and Perry County Central (good programs). South of Knott County is Letcher County Central (good program). And east of Knott County is Prestonsburg (good program). So not only are there good programs in all areas of the state, there are really good programs within 30 miles of Knott County in every direction.

Very true. In fact, north of Knott County is Breathitt County (good program). West of Knott County is Hazard and Perry County Central (good programs). South of Knott County is Letcher County Central (good program). And east of Knott County is Prestonsburg (good program). So not only are there good programs in all areas of the state, there are really good programs within 30 miles of Knott County in every direction.

Maybe that's where all knotts kids went :)