Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rules Question

Featured Replies

Very simple. Center snaps the ball up between his legs, it "touches" the fingers of the quarterback, but the center then tucks the ball and runs striaght up the middle of the field. Ball never changes possession from one player to another. Legal? What is the Rule?

Very simple. Center snaps the ball up between his legs, it "touches" the fingers of the quarterback, but the center then tucks the ball and runs striaght up the middle of the field. Ball never changes possession from one player to another. Legal? What is the Rule?

 

I'm not an official but I believe that version of the old "center sneak" is illegal. The ball has to be exchanged between eligibles first I think. Or something like that. That's why the "fumblerooski" was legal. The QB sets the ball on the ground for the OLineman to come around and get. I remember running it twice in High School.

 

First time was on freshman team and Center kept it like you described. Went for a TD. Official came over and said, "Coach I think that's illegal." Our coach replied, "I know it is but it was fun wasn't it?"

 

Second time was Senior year. This time the Center "handed the ball off" to the TB coming through and went for a TD. But it was also called back as illegal.

The ball has to change hands. The QB has to have possession of the ball. Even if there is a fumble on a snap and the center is the first one to touch it, it is "illegal touching", loss of down and five yard penalty.

The ball has to change hands. The QB has to have possession of the ball. Even if there is a fumble on a snap and the center is the first one to touch it, it is "illegal touching", loss of down and five yard penalty.

:thumb:

I'm not an official but I believe that version of the old "center sneak" is illegal. The ball has to be exchanged between eligibles first I think. Or something like that. That's why the "fumblerooski" was legal. The QB sets the ball on the ground for the OLineman to come around and get. I remember running it twice in High School.

 

First time was on freshman team and Center kept it like you described. Went for a TD. Official came over and said, "Coach I think that's illegal." Our coach replied, "I know it is but it was fun wasn't it?"

 

Second time was Senior year. This time the Center "handed the ball off" to the TB coming through and went for a TD. But it was also called back as illegal.

 

I remember that play! Just wished the play "Center Sneak" was called more in the huddle since I was the center. I do remember a revised version on the play Hatz. It was called on 4th. and inches and while snapping the ball everyone yelled FUMBLE.....while I fall forward for a firstdown with the ball. It actually worked that one time.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.