Greenup County 28 Notre Dame (OH) 7

PureFan

Although we put one in the win column, I was disappointed in how the Musketeers played tonight. They seemed to be sleep walking through the first half. I think the boys thought they had this one in the bag all week and did not come prepared to give 110%. Greenup struggled on offense the first two quarters and went into the lockerroom with the score 7-0 (GC). We were in the red zone several times and did not convert. There was a lot more energy the second half and GC scored on every possession. We have a lot of work to do this week. There were to many mistakes and our pass protection is still not where it needs to be.

Now is the time to RECOMMIT and keep improving. Football Games are 4 quarters long and you can't just play one half and think you will win against Raceland, Rowan, or any of the other teams on your schedule. As I said in the prediction thread, you must give every team the same level of respect you give the big rivals if you want to come out on top. Congrats on the win.

Another GC win congratulations. I have to say though ND's defensive front dominated GC's offensive front and the offensive play calling could have been alot better too. A positive was our defensive play, we made some mistakes but we didn't have our best eleven on the feild either.

Another GC win congratulations. I have to say though ND's defensive front dominated GC's offensive front and the offensive play calling could have been alot better too. A positive was our defensive play, we made some mistakes but we didn't have our best eleven on the feild either.

The O-line dominated??? Our backs got some good yardage for them being dominated, in my opinion the O-Line did one heck of a job last night, they'll be jacked up for this week I am sure..

If you were at the game you would have seen that GC's backs were smothered with ND's defense before they even got to line of scrimmage. they had to earn every yard, there wasn't to many holes to hit just ND's defense. It seemed like maybe one side of GC's O- line was a little better . I am not badmouthing our O-line I'm just saying that ND did their homework and it made things tough on us until they got tired. None of our backs had very much success in the first half and our passing attack wasn't very successful either. I am just trying to keep things in prospective here, there is room for improvement before we get into district play. Maybe its just a few little things but its needed none the less.

I agree that there is room for improvement. We need to keep improving each week and stay focused. ND was prepared and found our weaknesses during the first half... Our boys won out in the second half (they have the stamina due to the excellent conditioning they have received in the offseason.) Going to the shotgun surprised me and I wonder why we didn't stick with what works? Versatility is fine but perhaps mixing it up should be done after the points are on the scoreboard. Lyle had an excellent night with 199 yards... He will break some records this year.