Hazard @ Belfry, August 13, Scrimmage

Watusi

This has been a good competitive scrimmage the last couple of years.

I don't know the starting time, but history tells me it will be around 6:30-ish. Anyone know a definitive time?

Unless Belfry totally abandons their usual M.O., this will look more like a practice than a game. Coach Haywood prefers the 10 play and switch sides type of scrimmage with the coaches on the field giving instruction. There is normally a lot of substitutions and no clock or score is kept. That is what I would expect to see next Friday night.

Can anyone from either team give us a rundown on how the teams are looking so far and what to expect?

I'm really glad football season is finally here. :banana:

I think you're dead-on Watusi.

Heat index will dictate start time imo.

It is always a pleasure watching Coach Haywood and staff at work. I believe Coach Dixon of Hazard and Coach Haywood of Belfry have struck-up a good relationship over the last several years. I believe both teams look at this as a practice. Of course, Belfry will dress 70 players and Hazard will bring about 35, but a lot of kids will see action in the scrimage.

I believe both teams will work on need areas. I believe you will see Belfry probably throw a little more than normal to work on their passing game. I believe Hazard will probably run the ball a little more to work on their running game. Both teams have some experience but also a lot of inexperience on both sides of the ball , so lots of kids will get opportunity to see some action.

Good luck to everyone. Wishing both teams and staffs great success for 2010!

Belfry will be a mixture of experienced players and very talented younger guys. They have a ton of potential. If the line play develops they could make a lot of noise by years end, and they could be very good the next couple of years. This will be one of the quickest Pirate squads to play for the Big Red.

Coach Dixon has done a really great job at Hazard. I look forward to seeing them again this year and wish them the best of luck down the road.