Highlands vs. Ryle on Fox Sports Ohio

So you think Ryle has a chance?

Sure do. In fact, I think most everyone on here except you believes that Ryle is going to be a real solid team this year. Time may prove one or both of us wrong, but with the progress the Ryle program has made consistently over the last 5 years, coupled with the returning starters, one could reasonably conclude that Ryle has a chance in this game as well as in every one of the 9 others in the regular season. That being said, I know Highlands will be prepared and enter the game with a solid game plan, and will not take this opponent as lightly as you would suggest.

I am just hoping the weather is better on the night this game is played, compared to the last time Ryle was on FOX Sports Ohio.

I am going to predict that Ryle wins the first game, as Highlands will still be breaking in a New O-line and adjusting to the new offensive mix. I will also predict that the 2nd game will be won by Highlands as by then they will have their offensive identity well in hand, and will have had time to make the necessary adjustments both in scheme and players. This is not meant as a knock on Ryle in any way. I think they will be a top 10 team in the state, but I just can't see Highlands losing to them twice. I do however think that starting the season off Ryle with Hempel and Elliot will have a leg up on the Ft. Thomas bunch.

I am going to predict that Ryle wins the first game, as Highlands will still be breaking in a New O-line and adjusting to the new offensive mix. I will also predict that the 2nd game will be won by Highlands as by then they will have their offensive identity well in hand, and will have had time to make the necessary adjustments both in scheme and players. This is not meant as a knock on Ryle in any way. I think they will be a top 10 team in the state, but I just can't see Highlands losing to them twice. I do however think that starting the season off Ryle with Hempel and Elliot will have a leg up on the Ft. Thomas bunch.

I can appreciate the logic you used to arrive at your prediction. I do feel that the predictions of breaking in the new O-Line have been overstated, but I admit to being biased. While some parts of the various HHS threads have categorized the O-Line as perhaps being the weakest part of the offense now, that does not equate to them being weak. As has been stated by Malachicrunch and UCRN, Coach Turner has started with the same number returning starters or less, and has fielded a strong unit.

It will be extremely tough for Ryle to come in to DCM and pull off the win. The senior class remembers the game 3 years ago as Freshmen, and I predict they will play with plenty of intensity and focus.