13th Region Tournament Pairings

Knox Central vs. North Laurel

Corbin vs. Harlan County

Middlesboro vs. South Laurel

Clay County vs. Barbourville

This tournament will be played at Middlesboro High School. I will save my predictions for Sunday evening but if you have any predictions, let's hear them.

I, too, predict North Laurel to win in the first round over Knox Central. Corbin can't be happy drawing Harlan Co. in the first round and facing one of the best pitchers in the 13th Region in Boggs. Clay Co. will roll over Barbourville in the most lop-sided first round game. Middlesboro over South Laurel. I like North Laurel and Clay Co, both because of really good draws and pitching to be in the finals with North Laurel edging Clay for the Regional Championship.

It makes me kind of sad to make these predictions but here we go...

Knox Central over North Laurel

Harlan County over Corbin

Middlesboro over South Laurel

Clay County over Barbourville

Harlan County over Knox Central

Middlesboro over South Laurel

Middlesboro over Harlan County

Just a tidbit, although South Laurel wasn't in the region then, the last time Middlesboro hosted region (2002) they won it. Just throwing that out there.

I was four-for-four in Round 1, therefore, I'm going to stick with my original picks. North Laurel over Corbin, Clay Co. over Middlesboro with North Laurel over Clay in the Championship.

You were four-for-four but you missed a bit on the details. Boggs didn't come in for Harlan County until they had already been scored on, which was a huge mistake by Lewis in my opinion.

North Laurel ended winning over Knox Central in the most lopsided game whereas Barbourville played Clay County's tail off until the very end.

On another note, I didn't get to make it down to the opening day, how was the atmosphere at Middlesboro? What about field quality?

You were four-for-four but you missed a bit on the details. Boggs didn't come in for Harlan County until they had already been scored on, which was a huge mistake by Lewis in my opinion.

North Laurel ended winning over Knox Central in the most lopsided game whereas Barbourville played Clay County's tail off until the very end.

On another note, I didn't get to make it down to the opening day, how was the atmosphere at Middlesboro? What about field quality?

The field is too small to hold a regional tournament in my opinion. I think that North Laurel and Middlesboro have the advantage in today's games, mainly due to a little more punch in their lineups.