39th District Tournament. Who will win?

Are you kidding me? They just won a game at home mind you after losing 4 in a row. Before that they beat the likes of Lewis County,Bath County and Pendleton County. Who have they beaten this season to warrant your statement?:irked: The Lady Royals will use this as bulletin board material to take down The Mean Green Machine by 10 on Tuesday:taz:

I don't think St Pat's chance are all that amusing.

Let's examine that comment. Sice February 1 the Lady Saints are 4-4. At GRC and against Brossart they were without their leading scorer Ch. Payne, and with Swanker back for BB anf Jewell Rogers back for GRC. They were without their tallest player (Hamilton) against Montgomery (who they only lost to by 4) and against Fleming it was Ch. Paynes first game back and Hamilton was sick on the bench.

I really don't think you can count them out, yet. I'm not saying I think they will win, I am saying either team could win the cross-town matchup.

So now let's look at Mason County. Since Februaury 1 they are 3-2. Their wins are against Deming, Bourbon and Paris. Not what I would call impressive wins, but wins,...... just games they should have won and did. Their losses were to Boone and Montgomery.

Now if you are still amused by predictions on this thread and you want to analyze a team's recent schedule compared to their chances of a run at the district title, maybe you should look at the comments giving Bracken the nod. If you think St Patrick has played a weak schedule, (btw they did beat Rowan on Friday, you forget to mention that) why not look at Bracken's February schedule?

Since they "All A" they are 6-0. Looks pretty impressive until you look at the schedule. They've beat Augusta (twice), Deming, Buckhorn, Llyod Memorial and Paris (squeaking out a 1 point win there). Nothing impressive about their February run. At that, I would have thought the Paris win would have been a bigger margin of victory.

I am not saying that it means BC can't win the district, just couldn't see why it was such an amusing suggestion that St. Patrick could.???:idunno:

I'd say any of the three teams could pull it out.

I don't think St Pat's chance are all that amusing.

Let's examine that comment. Sice February 1 the Lady Saints are 4-4. At GRC and against Brossart they were without their leading scorer Ch. Payne, and with Swanker back for BB anf Jewell Rogers back for GRC. They were without their tallest player (Hamilton) against Montgomery (who they only lost to by 4) and against Fleming it was Ch. Paynes first game back and Hamilton was sick on the bench.

I really don't think you can count them out, yet. I'm not saying I think they will win, I am saying either team could win the cross-town matchup.

So now let's look at Mason County. Since Februaury 1 they are 3-2. Their wins are against Deming, Bourbon and Paris. Not what I would call impressive wins, but wins,...... just games they should have won and did. Their losses were to Boone and Montgomery.

Now if you are still amused by predictions on this thread and you want to analyze a team's recent schedule compared to their chances of a run at the district title, maybe you should look at the comments giving Bracken the nod. If you think St Patrick has played a weak schedule, (btw they did beat Rowan on Friday, you forget to mention that) why not look at Bracken's February schedule?

Since they "All A" they are 6-0. Looks pretty impressive until you look at the schedule. They've beat Augusta (twice), Deming, Buckhorn, Llyod Memorial and Paris (squeaking out a 1 point win there). Nothing impressive about their February run. At that, I would have thought the Paris win would have been a bigger margin of victory.

I am not saying that it means BC can't win the district, just couldn't see why it was such an amusing suggestion that St. Patrick could.???:idunno:

I'd say any of the three teams could pull it out.

If you would have bothered to actually read the first several statements on this thread they said that more or less St.Patrick had this tournament in the bag, that's what I was referring to with my post about "are you kidding?". Could care less who wins this tournament.

Bottom line, with 39th district, any 3 have the potential of winning and in the

region, there are 8 that have been referenced as potentials. That's what's still great about Kentucky basketball is that we have one state tournament, one region, and one district with a mix of A schools and larger. On with the tournament. By my clock, we are 9 hours 42 minutes and 10 seconds to tipoff!

Bottom line, with 39th district, any 3 have the potential of winning and in the

region, there are 8 that have been referenced as potentials. That's what's still great about Kentucky basketball is that we have one state tournament, one region, and one district with a mix of A schools and larger. On with the tournament. By my clock, we are 9 hours 42 minutes and 10 seconds to tipoff!

Your clock must be a little fast.:laugh:

Are you kidding me? They just won a game at home mind you after losing 4 in a row. Before that they beat the likes of Lewis County,Bath County and Pendleton County. Who have they beaten this season to warrant your statement?:irked: The Lady Royals will use this as bulletin board material to take down The Mean Green Machine by 10 on Tuesday:taz:

If any high school coach has to use message board posts to get their team fired up for postseason, they are not very good IMO.