Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Corbin 2010

Featured Replies

Any thoughts on what Corbin will do this season with the new coach Rob Ledington.

  • Author

What returning players do they have coming back that will look to contribute this season?

What happened to Coach Garmon?

I would think that anything less than a regional championship would be slightly disappointing for this bunch. They return a whole lot of kids that performed very well last year and had a very solid JV squad last year. The question will be if Ledington can step in and get the job done.

Garmon left and went to coach in glasgow. I think that Ledington will have to boys ready to go and fundamentally sound by the time season starts.

  • Author
I would think that anything less than a regional championship would be slightly disappointing for this bunch. They return a whole lot of kids that performed very well last year and had a very solid JV squad last year. The question will be if Ledington can step in and get the job done.

 

I agree...Coach Ledington has proved he is one of the best coaches in the region and state, and IMO the Hounds have a solid shot at winning the region this year!!!

In my opinion, Ledington, Harris, and Powell are far and away the best coaches in the region and fittingly, they should all have their teams in serious contention by the end of the year.

  • Author

If Corbin can learn to play fundamentally sound baseball,I don't see any reason why they shouldn't win the region.

What returning players do they have coming back that will look to contribute this season?

 

Off the top of my head, the ones that come to mind are Ben Jones, Watkins, Duncum, Smith, Coppock, Sowders and Vorbeck who played significant roles last year. Others who should contribute this year include McDaniels, Hoover, Eric Jones and Taylor. I'm sure that I left some off, maybe someone can fill in the rest.

Off the top of my head, the ones that come to mind are Ben Jones, Watkins, Duncum, Smith, Coppock, Sowders and Vorbeck who played significant roles last year. Others who should contribute this year include McDaniels, Hoover, Eric Jones and Taylor. I'm sure that I left some off, maybe someone can fill in the rest.

 

Watkins, after much deliberation, has decided not to play this year. He will be concentrating on workouts getting ready to play football at EKU. The risk of injury is a concern as well.

Watkins, after much deliberation, has decided not to play this year. He will be concentrating on workouts getting ready to play football at EKU. The risk of injury is a concern as well.

 

You can't really blame him, still will be a blow to the team, but will open up an opportunity for someone in what looks to me to be a deep outfield. The Hounds will be very young this year, I wouldn't be surprised to see around 5 sophs starting.

  • Author
Off the top of my head, the ones that come to mind are Ben Jones, Watkins, Duncum, Smith, Coppock, Sowders and Vorbeck who played significant roles last year. Others who should contribute this year include McDaniels, Hoover, Eric Jones and Taylor. I'm sure that I left some off, maybe someone can fill in the rest.

 

Eric Jones, Devin Sowders, and Matthew Taylor are not playing this year!

Sowders quit in the middle of the season last year and Jones and Taylor are concentrating on other sports.

Eric Jones, Devin Sowders, and Matthew Taylor are not playing this year!

Sowders quit in the middle of the season last year and Jones and Taylor are concentrating on other sports.

 

I think Eric Jones would have a shot at starting if he played, possibly Taylor as well. I know they both play two other sports and playing three is extremely difficult in high school these days.

 

Who are the contenders to play the infield spots besides Smith, Vorbeck and B. Jones? With all three of these guys pitching(assuming Smith does pitch) as well, seems like a couple of more starting spots are up for grabs. Is Foley or Duncum going to catch?

  • Author
I think Eric Jones would have a shot at starting if he played, possibly Taylor as well. I know they both play two other sports and playing three is extremely difficult in high school these days.

 

Who are the contenders to play the infield spots besides Smith, Vorbeck and B. Jones? With all three of these guys pitching(assuming Smith does pitch) as well, seems like a couple of more starting spots are up for grabs. Is Foley or Duncum going to catch?

 

Clouse,Terry,House are 3 that could be in the infield and they all three could be pitchers...Yes Foley and Duncum will be catching, not sure who will start!

  • Author

IMO, Corbin should and could win the 13th region this year and find themselfs playing at Applebees Park.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.