Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Catholic 33 Newport Central Catholic 29 (JV)

Featured Replies

Final Overtime

  • Author

_MG_1581.jpg

 

_MG_1590.jpg

 

_MG_1596.jpg

 

_MG_1611.jpg

 

_MG_1615.jpg

  • Author

_MG_1614.jpg

 

_MG_1625.jpg

 

_MG_1628.jpg

A win is a win, but it was a ugly game for both team. If I remember correctly, CovCath scored more points in OT (8) than they did in the 3rd and 4th quarters combined (6)!

  • Author
A win is a win, but it was a ugly game for both team. If I remember correctly, CovCath scored more points in OT (8) than they did in the 3rd and 4th quarters combined (6)!

 

Not sure about that but fouling the three point shooter with a four point lead with under 40 seconds to allow the tie was hopefully a lesson learned. Plus it put a very strong player on the bench for CCH.

Alot has been made about CovCath playing Jrs on JV. Schulte is getting a ton of good experience that is going to pay off in spades next year for him and the team at the varisty level. I am sure if someone gave him a choice he'd rather play varisty, but the time he is getting now is only going make him that much better.

  • Author

_MG_1578.jpg

 

_MG_1623.jpg

 

_MG_1618.jpg

Alot has been made about CovCath playing Jrs on JV. Schulte is getting a ton of good experience that is going to pay off in spades next year for him and the team at the varisty level. I am sure if someone gave him a choice he'd rather play varisty, but the time he is getting now is only going make him that much better.

 

He has gotten some varsity minutes but not many.

 

As I have noted in my past posts, Andrew could be like 2004 CovCath Grad Greg Erpenbeck, who as a junior played a lot of JV but was a huge part of the 2004 semi-final Sweet Sixteen team as their first man off the bench.

 

I think that if you asked Andrew, while he would love to be playing varsity, he is happy to be playing a lot of basketball on the JV level, as you said, it will only make him better!

  • Author

_MG_1573.jpg

 

_MG_1583.jpg

 

_MG_1587.jpg

[ATTACH]29618[/ATTACH]

 

[ATTACH]29619[/ATTACH]

 

[ATTACH]29620[/ATTACH]

 

Unreal photo Panda. You should win a prize for that shot. The Cov Cath defender is flying, literally. Tell me he didn't block that shot.

  • Author

I believe that is Andrew Baker and he gets his share of swats each game. Definately has hops for sure.

 

_MG_1600.jpg

I see 3 different refs in this game. 3-man for JV?

  • Author
I see 3 different refs in this game. 3-man for JV?

 

Yep, I thought the same thing.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.