Newport Catholic feeder schools

Is NCC losing players from St. Joe to Brossart they used to get. If I'm not mistaken some of their best players in the past came from St. Joe's. Ifso, how come?

St. Joe is usually a powerhouse in basketball. They have 26 total teams this year. St. Joe is technically considered a feeder school for Brossart , but just as many kids each year go to NCC. I know the rules have changed at the diocese. I think the kids are free to go to any school in the diocese without any penalty or extra charge for tuition.

Why dont private schools follow feeder schools like we do. NCC should have hands off if not their district

Catholic High Schools in the Diocese of Covington are not allowed to actively recruit from schools that are not in their feeder system. There used to be a discount involved when sending a child from a feeder school. That is what has been dropped. Brossart can send a St. Joe's child information regarding the school, but NCC can not. With St. Joe's equal in proximity to both high schools kids often choose to attend NCC. I'd say overall it's a 50/50 split between these 2 schools. It may be 70/30 split one year, but it seems the next year goes the other way.

Catholic High Schools in the Diocese of Covington are not allowed to actively recruit from schools that are not in their feeder system. There used to be a discount involved when sending a child from a feeder school. That is what has been dropped. Brossart can send a St. Joe's child information regarding the school, but NCC can not. With St. Joe's equal in proximity to both high schools kids often choose to attend NCC. I'd say overall it's a 50/50 split between these 2 schools. It may be 70/30 split one year, but it seems the next year goes the other way.

Can't say it any better, TAC is correct. If you went back 10 years and totaled all of the athletes it would be very close to a 50/50 split.