Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cooper vs Holmes (Frosh) predictions

Featured Replies

Cooper just came off a big win against Scoot County. I think Holmes is big and fast this year! Ill take Cooper 28 - 6 .

I think 28-6 is a reasonable prediction. If Holmes wins the turnover battle, they might make it closer. Holmes has speed with big play potential so they can strike for an easy TD and that could make it closer also. How is Cooper's pass defense? Of the freshman team's I have seen, I think Holmes has one of the better passing games with some fast receivers.

Cooper lost one of their starting lineman for the season, I believe, with an injury. McClure played end on Offense and Defense. He was out the last two games as well but it doesn't look like he will be able to play the rest of the season. He is a fine player that will be missed. Cooper's main RB, Taylor Centers was promoted to varsity so I doubt he will see any more freshman time. Cooper is deep at the RB position and should be fine but Centers is 6'1'' and 190 so he is definately missed whenever he is not on the field. The one thing to look for is if the kids come out a little flat after getting "pumped" to play Scott County. I think they settle down and do their thing and win 32-6.

I think 28-6 is a reasonable prediction. If Holmes wins the turnover battle, they might make it closer. Holmes has speed with big play potential so they can strike for an easy TD and that could make it closer also. How is Cooper's pass defense? Of the freshman team's I have seen, I think Holmes has one of the better passing games with some fast receivers.

 

Hard to tell for sure as only Newport has tried to throw against them and Cooper had 3-4 interceptions they ran back for scores.

Hard to tell for sure as only Newport has tried to throw against them and Cooper had 3-4 interceptions they ran back for scores.

 

No offense meant to Newport, but I wouldn't judge my team's pass defense on that game. Cooper's pass defense will get tested more than that by Holmes.

No offense meant to Newport, but I wouldn't judge my team's pass defense on that game. Cooper's pass defense will get tested more than that by Holmes.

 

That's why I said it is hard to tell??? I don't remember Scott County completing much though either. The corners stay tight and the safety's are very good athletes.

That's why I said it is hard to tell??? I don't remember Scott County completing much though either. The corners stay tight and the safety's are very good athletes.

 

Did Scott Co. try to throw the ball any? Did New Cath throw it any when they played Cooper?

Did Scott Co. try to throw the ball any? Did New Cath throw it any when they played Cooper?

 

Scott County tried to throw in the final two minutes with no success but I really don't remember them throwing too much throughout the game. I've watched too much football to remember back to week one with NCC so I'm not sure if they did or not. I will say this, there has never been a time this year where I thought "we need to learn to stop the pass". NCC moved the ball in the first half and had one score on a long run. Then Cooper had three games where they didn't even give up positive yards by their first string defense. Then they played Scott County who moved the ball 3-4 yards at a time with their strong line and big back in the first half. The second half they held Scott County scoreless. Cooper just has a lot of good athletes across the board. The only way I think they are stopped this year is if they continue to move kids up to varsity and not let them play freshman.

  • Author

Scott county did complete a few passes. Cooper has great speed at corner and at safty Tyler Morris is the best there is so im not worried about them passing on Cooper.

Scott County tried to throw in the final two minutes with no success but I really don't remember them throwing too much throughout the game. I've watched too much football to remember back to week one with NCC so I'm not sure if they did or not. I will say this, there has never been a time this year where I thought "we need to learn to stop the pass". NCC moved the ball in the first half and had one score on a long run. Then Cooper had three games where they didn't even give up positive yards by their first string defense. Then they played Scott County who moved the ball 3-4 yards at a time with their strong line and big back in the first half. The second half they held Scott County scoreless. Cooper just has a lot of good athletes across the board. The only way I think they are stopped this year is if they continue to move kids up to varsity and not let them play freshman.

 

Holmes will pass the ball. They run the spread offense, their QB has a good arm and they have speed in the skill positions. They are a little rough in their execution so it all depends if they are in sync or not. But they will almost surely try to throw it a decent amount.

Can't wait to see the Cooper freshman 3-4 years from now.

Scott County tried to throw in the final two minutes with no success but I really don't remember them throwing too much throughout the game. I've watched too much football to remember back to week one with NCC so I'm not sure if they did or not. I will say this, there has never been a time this year where I thought "we need to learn to stop the pass". NCC moved the ball in the first half and had one score on a long run. Then Cooper had three games where they didn't even give up positive yards by their first string defense. Then they played Scott County who moved the ball 3-4 yards at a time with their strong line and big back in the first half. The second half they held Scott County scoreless. Cooper just has a lot of good athletes across the board. The only way I think they are stopped this year is if they continue to move kids up to varsity and not let them play freshman.

 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't Cooper only moved one Freshman up?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't Cooper only moved one Freshman up?

 

Yes, to this point. There is talk of others but nothing set in stone.

What is the date, game time and location for this game?

 

Thursday at Cooper, 6 p.m.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.