Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Officiating question???

Featured Replies

During the Trinity/Bowling Green game there was an off setting personal foul call while Trinity had the ball on the B.G. 11.

 

The refs maked off half the distance on B.G. and then the full 15 against Trinity giving B.G. a net gain of 9 yards.

 

If I'm on defense why wouldn't I try to get penalties like this all the time where I will surely gain yards?

 

By the way B.G. was constantly grabbing and pushing after the whistle. Not very classy.

During the Trinity/Bowling Green game there was an off setting personal foul call while Trinity had the ball on the B.G. 11.

 

The refs maked off half the distance on B.G. and then the full 15 against Trinity giving B.G. a net gain of 9 yards.

 

If I'm on defense why wouldn't I try to get penalties like this all the time where I will surely gain yards?

 

By the way B.G. was constantly grabbing and pushing after the whistle. Not very classy.

 

:confused:

During the Trinity/Bowling Green game there was an off setting personal foul call while Trinity had the ball on the B.G. 11.

 

The refs maked off half the distance on B.G. and then the full 15 against Trinity giving B.G. a net gain of 9 yards.

 

 

Rule 10-2-5...Penalties for dead-ball fouls are administered separately and in order of their occurrence.

 

If I'm on defense why wouldn't I try to get penalties like this all the time where I will surely gain yards?

 

 

Because it is legal for the offense to refrain from retaliation.

During the Trinity/Bowling Green game there was an off setting personal foul call while Trinity had the ball on the B.G. 11.

 

The refs maked off half the distance on B.G. and then the full 15 against Trinity giving B.G. a net gain of 9 yards.

 

If I'm on defense why wouldn't I try to get penalties like this all the time where I will surely gain yards?

 

By the way B.G. was constantly grabbing and pushing after the whistle. Not very classy.

 

This was correctly administered.

 

I have just one question: HOW would you manage to get penalties like this??? If I'm on offense, and you commit a personal foul (ostensibly to provoke me into being stupid), all I have to do is have a little discipline and watch the officials mark off yardage against you...

  • Author

Well it worked for B.G. tonight. They were dishing out crap all night and finally a player for Trinity lost his composure and hit back.

 

If a team is driving on you anyway, why not give it a shot. If the other player retaliates you push them back. It is not going to work everytime but once could make a difference.

If a team is driving on you anyway, why not give it a shot. If the other player retaliates you push them back. It is not going to work everytime but once could make a difference.

 

Rule 2-32-6...A disqualified player is a player barred from further participation in a game.

 

Rule 1-1-6...The referee's decisions are final...

  • Author

Thanks Offside for the clarification. I do not like the mark off rule if the penalty is the same for both teams. Apparently Beatty did not know either because he was given the referee a lot of stick after the mark off.

Rule 2-32-6...A disqualified player is a player barred from further participation in a game.

 

Rule 1-1-6...The referee's decisions are final...

 

Offside, why does that Avatar look so familiar?? :ohbrother: :D

Offside, why does that Avatar look so familiar?? :ohbrother: :D

 

Its an old signal they used to have. Back when they used whistles.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.