Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lloyd over Highlands VB??

Featured Replies

Newspaper says Lloyd beat Highlands last night in volleyball. Big time win for Lloyd. Congrats to the Juggernauts. :banana:

That is shocking, especially for how badly NCC beat Lloyd.(25-9, 25-6)

That is shocking, especially for how badly NCC beat Lloyd.(25-9, 25-6)

Wonder if Highlands is re-thinking their coaching change?

Wonder if Highlands is re-thinking their coaching change?

 

I think Whitney will do a fantastic job at Highlands. I think the girls have to get used to her coaching style and the way she wants them to play. I saw Highlands scrimmage in the preseason and to me it looked like they were making stupid errors that could be fixed.

 

Like I always say, "On a given day and team can be beaten." Maybe Highlands just had an off day and maybe Lloyd played a match of their season. You never know.

Lloyd won it in 3 ( 27-25 , 17-25, 25-21 ) . According to all the experts this was a huge upset . Great win for Lloyd.

  • Author

Gotta give Lloyd credit. They have a coach that seems to be a great motivator and does a real good job with his girls each year.

Congratulations to Lloyd and to DC! Great job!

Maybe Nancy Burre can come back? Is that Lloyd's First ever win over Highlands in VB? :isurrender:

I just think Lloyd is better than they are getting credit for. They have no seniors on this team and they are going to really come together. I was at this game and they looked good against a good Highlands team.

Lloyd has one of the beeter coaches in the area and he will always get the most out of them. However, Highlands is now 0-4 so I'm not sure that they are very good.

Lloyd has one of the beeter coaches in the area and he will always get the most out of them. However, Highlands is now 0-4 so I'm not sure that they are very good.

 

I had a friend goto the Campbell Co./Highlands match and she said Highlands was making some dumb errors. If they are coached right and I know they are by Whitney, I am not sure you can blame her for the dumb errors if they have been coached correctly.

 

I am curious, did Highlands lose alot of seniors last year?

Highlands lost two starters an outside hitter and a middle.

Dumb errors or not you have to give Lloyd props for beating a usually strong Highlands team. Not to mention most of Highlands girls play in the off season.

 

I had a friend goto the Campbell Co./Highlands match and she said Highlands was making some dumb errors. If they are coached right and I know they are by Whitney, I am not sure you can blame her for the dumb errors if they have been coached correctly.

 

I am curious, did Highlands lose alot of seniors last year?

Dumb errors or not you have to give Lloyd props for beating a usually strong Highlands team. Not to mention most of Highlands girls play in the off season.

 

I agree. My point was someone said this earlier, "Wonder if Highlands is re-thinking their coaching change?" and my point is you can't blame Whitney for everything. She or any coach can only coach the girl's to the best of their ability and they have to apply it. If she has not prepared them for play then sure blame her but knowing people who have played for her they have always been well prepared for their matches.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.