Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Newport Central Catholic/Holmes Scrimmage

Featured Replies

I thought that NCC looked pretty good coming out of the gate. I'm concerned that because of the small number of players, that they will get worn out quickly. It seems that NCC showed a bit of that in last night's scrimmage.

 

Holmes looked good. They were definitely quicker than I had expected.

Coach Lickert has done a pretty good job....haven't seen then yet in practice but I have heard the attitude has really changed at Holmes...good luck to both the Breds and Bulldogs this year

Was unable to make the game. Do the teams look ready to play?

  • Author

They were both a bit sloppy but I hope that they can bring it together before Friday. Holmes has speed on their side. New Cath has a great line to contend with. Any others out there have observations on the scrimmage?

I talked to one of the players from NCC today and he said that NCC had 3 TDs to Holmes 1 .

It is tough to get a read on NewCath b/c of Cain's shoulder. I thought that Hitchew looked very composed for a Soph. getting his first varsity experience at QB. He is a very good athlete w/ the ball. His arm strength is still developing, and is not on the same level as Cain's. W/ Cain in, I believe that NewCath will be fine heading into the season. W/Cain out, it will be a baptism by fire, and understandably there will be a learning curve. You can tell that the team took the offseason conditioning seriously as it looks like a lot of their JRs have filled out. I also thought that Geisler looked very aggressive and good at DE. Once Brown gets back, being able to rotate Smith, Brown, and Geisler at DE will give each a chance to take a couple of series off per game.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.