Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lloyd Memorial 2009/2010

Featured Replies

What does Lloyd Memorial need to do to improve in 2009/2010? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

Are all the coaches coming back? They did graduate some talent even though they struggled last year. They have had good athletes in the past, but.....

They are going to struggle. Some kids graduated and some are not returning. Lloyd is a very difficult place to succeed athletically.

They are going to struggle. Some kids graduated and some are not returning. Lloyd is a very difficult place to succeed athletically.

Their track teams seem to do very well year in and year out, so it I don't know that it is the school itself.

It is such a transient area. How can a coach build a program. I guess individual sports competitors can succeed wherever they attend school.

I think the girl's BB program can be successful. All it needs is a little more consistency. There is no reason they can't compete with St. Henry, Villa, etc. The problem is the whole idea of change. Sometimes people can't get out of their own way. To get what you do not have --you must do what you have not done.

I think the girl's BB program can be successful. All it needs is a little more consistency. There is no reason they can't compete with St. Henry, Villa, etc. The problem is the whole idea of change. Sometimes people can't get out of their own way. To get what you do not have --you must do what you have not done.

 

Lots of reasons why they cannot. Only 20% of the senior class attended erlanger elsmere in grade school. Only 50% attended Tichenor. 70% attended lloyd as freshman. The SES is also key to the programs lack of success as it prohibits players from attending high profile camps and maintaining new equipment. They have a great scoreboard though.

What is the SES? I agree with all that you say, but within those words lies the problem. There is always a reason at LMHS as to why something can't be accomplished. Is building success at LMHS going to be easier than St. Henry or any other school -no, but that doesn't mean you can't work harder and eliminate the doubts and obstacles to why it can't be done. Success breeds success! By the way what is going on with the coaching staff? Is B. Fields still there because I know she knows what it takes to be a success in athletics, etc.

What is the SES? I agree with all that you say, but within those words lies the problem. There is always a reason at LMHS as to why something can't be accomplished. Is building success at LMHS going to be easier than St. Henry or any other school -no, but that doesn't mean you can't work harder and eliminate the doubts and obstacles to why it can't be done. Success breeds success! By the way what is going on with the coaching staff? Is B. Fields still there because I know she knows what it takes to be a success in athletics, etc.

 

Beth won't be teaching at Lloyd next year, so I don't know if she's still going to coach but I doubt she will.

The girls coach is Tharpe. He was the coach last year.

What is the SES? I agree with all that you say, but within those words lies the problem. There is always a reason at LMHS as to why something can't be accomplished. Is building success at LMHS going to be easier than St. Henry or any other school -no, but that doesn't mean you can't work harder and eliminate the doubts and obstacles to why it can't be done. Success breeds success! By the way what is going on with the coaching staff? Is B. Fields still there because I know she knows what it takes to be a success in athletics, etc.

 

I agree...:ylsuper:

Is Ms. Fields teaching somewhere else? I thought she was a pretty good coach and mentor for the girls at LMHS. Wasn't she coaching there for 3-4 years? Once again that whole consistency concept. LMHS can be successful. It's going to take someone who can sell the program to the younger athletes and show they care.

Is Ms. Fields teaching somewhere else? I thought she was a pretty good coach and mentor for the girls at LMHS. Wasn't she coaching there for 3-4 years? Once again that whole consistency concept. LMHS can be successful. It's going to take someone who can sell the program to the younger athletes and show they care.

 

That will not affect the transient nature of the community. Less homeowners and more apartments year after year.

Preachit that does make for a difficult situation. A coach in that case might feel like he or she is just spinning the wheels, however it can still be accomplished. The focus should be on the girls that are knowingly going to be there. Even if it is only 3-4 girls. Maybe it is beyond that though. I just don't understand how the team goes from 8-9 wins one year and goes 0'fer the next. It shouldn't happen.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.