Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boone County 2009/2010

Featured Replies

What does Boone County need to do to improve in 2009/2010? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

Well, Boone only looses two players! They went to the Sweet 16 this year when nobody gave them a chance! Bradley is a big loss to Boone's program, however she was not a big factor at the Sweet 16, all other players stepped up and made it to the quarter finals! Bowling is the other senior, she will be greatly missed, but I think they will have players to fill her shoes! I see a repeat for the 2009-2010 season and another trip to the Sweet 16!

Well, Boone "only" looses two players! They went to the Sweet 16 this year when nobody gave them a chance! Bradley is a big loss to Boone's program, however she was not a big factor at the Sweet 16, all other players stepped up and made it to the quarter finals! Bowling is the other senior, she will be greatly missed, but I think they will have players to fill her shoes! I see a repeat for the 2009-2010 season and another trip to the Sweet 16!

 

Ouch!

Bradley was the key to Boone's success. They will miss her leadership and her ability to take over a game (as she did in the regionals).

Im sure that Boone will get it together like they do year after year and be very good once we get to tournament time.

Bradley was the key to Boone's success. They will miss her leadership and her ability to take over a game (as she did in the regionals).

 

Absolutely! There is no way to dismiss the importance of the loss of an experienced, poised point guard/team leader. Jacy will be sorely missed by Boone. But, as others have said, Boone County will put together a solid team that will challenge about anyone they face, particularly late in the season.

Who will be the point guard next year for Boone County? Will it be Annie Browning?

I would expect Heather Sandlin will be the quaterback of the offense next year.

I would expect Heather Sandlin will be the quaterback of the offense next year.

I did not realize she was a point guard. So, that makes perfect sense. I am sure she will do a good job.

Well, Boone only looses two players! They went to the Sweet 16 this year when nobody gave them a chance! Bradley is a big loss to Boone's program, however she was not a big factor at the Sweet 16, all other players stepped up and made it to the quarter finals! Bowling is the other senior, she will be greatly missed, but I think they will have players to fill her shoes! I see a repeat for the 2009-2010 season and another trip to the Sweet 16!

 

Not many points in the 1st round boxscore, but I highly doubt if Coach Tacket and Coach Fookes would agree "she was not a big factor". Her biggest contribution to this particular team could never be measured in a boxscore.

I, for one, completely understand the optimism for Boone next season. They will have some talent, but a huge missing piece of the puzzle will be a strong “vocal” leader and a ”go-to” player when the game is on the line. It’s a luxury for that player to be your PG. Bradley took a ton of pressure off of her teammates by being the sole focus of every opponent. They will miss Bowling’s grit and tenacity as well.

 

Sandlin is a very tough PG. Now that she will draw the opponents focus and best defender night-in and night-out she will have her opportunity to shine. Right now, she is completely one dimensional so her off-season work and development will be critical to her, and the teams, success. She’s training in the right system right now…so if she’s fully teachable…she’ll be fine.

 

“IF” there are no transfers in or out of the 9th region and all teams remain as expected…I think Ryle is the team to beat in the 33rd district. Also I think NCC, HHS, and Ryle (no particular order) are the teams to beat in the 9th. It’s a bit early, but thought I would toss that in 

What role does the Shrout girl play next year?

I, for one, completely understand the optimism for Boone next season. They will have some talent, but a huge missing piece of the puzzle will be a strong “vocal” leader and a ”go-to” player when the game is on the line. It’s a luxury for that player to be your PG. Bradley took a ton of pressure off of her teammates by being the sole focus of every opponent. They will miss Bowling’s grit and tenacity as well.

 

Sandlin is a very tough PG. Now that she will draw the opponents focus and best defender night-in and night-out she will have her opportunity to shine. Right now, she is completely one dimensional so her off-season work and development will be critical to her, and the teams, success. She’s training in the right system right now…so if she’s fully teachable…she’ll be fine.

 

“IF” there are no transfers in or out of the 9th region and all teams remain as expected…I think Ryle is the team to beat in the 33rd district. Also I think NCC, HHS, and Ryle (no particular order) are the teams to beat in the 9th. It’s a bit early, but thought I would toss that in 

I couldn't agree more, Jacy's shoes will be hard to fill for sure!:thumb:

 

As far as the teams to beat, I agree also but I wouldn't overlook Boone, Nell always gets her players ready at tourney time! It will be another great year of bball in the 9th!:popcorn:

I couldn't agree more, Jacy's shoes will be hard to fill for sure!:thumb:

 

As far as the teams to beat, I agree also but I wouldn't overlook Boone, Nell always gets her players ready at tourney time! It will be another great year of bball in the 9th!:popcorn:

 

That's a given.

What role does the Shrout girl play next year?

 

Shrout played a big role down the stretch. As Coach Stamm said "she came out of nowhere and sneaked up on us, but now we know". All the coaches know she is a 3pt specialist so they'll keep a defender a bit closer. Sandlin and Bradley's ability to penetrate, draw the defense, and kick it out for wide-open shots really helped all of the shooters big-time.

 

In the offseason, Shrout and Browning must work on beating their defender, creating their own shots, and learning to shoot off the dribble because they won't see a lot of wide-open set-shots next year.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.