Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boyle County 2009/2010

Featured Replies


What does Boyle County need to do to improve in 2009/2010? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

The Rebels need to take advantage of the summer months and spend as much time on the court as other teams. I don't think that the new coach worked as hard as needed to bring a competitive team to the floor. Maybe put a hex on the football team so the fb players can get in the gym before mid December. Good luck.

The Rebels need to take advantage of the summer months and spend as much time on the court as other teams. I don't think that the new coach worked as hard as needed to bring a competitive team to the floor. Maybe put a hex on the football team so the fb players can get in the gym before mid December. Good luck.

 

 

 

The Rebel basketball team has been working out every day since spring break was over.

 

Those that aren't playing spring sports or football lift weights on M,W,F and they do plyometrics on T,TH.

 

From what I understand this is the schedule through basketball camps, I could be wrong, but I know that is the schedule until further notice through the end of school at he very least.

 

We will be attending two camps this summer.....The Centre Camp from June 16-18 and then all 3 teams (Frosh, JV, Varsity) will be playing in the AAU State tournament June 19-21.

 

I do know that some of next year's seniors will be playing football next year. If I am not mistaken Connor Gihvan and Logan Tiritapoe will be joining Rees Macshara, Boone Goldsmith, Chris Cook, Lamar Dawson, Ricky Carter, Zach Hester, Devon Hale and Jarrod Harrington on the football field and quite honestly we are expecting a deep run into December in football so will will more than likely be without key players on the Varsity and JV level for the beginning of the year. It will give some of our other players such as Jacob Bodner, Justin Short, Kyle Rice, Michael Arnett, Micah Satterly, Cody Cooper and Greg Squires a great opportunity to get some Varsity experience with Cory Jones, Ben Carman and Blake Perry(if Blake returns).

 

Jacob Bodner and Justin Short both dressed varsity last year and got some playing time and it wouldn't surprise me at all to see both of them in the starting lineup to start the season.

 

I look for Cory Jones and Logan Tritapoe to be the leaders and the heart of the team. I look for Ben Carman to lead by example. I hope Boone Goldsmith and Rees Macshara make a smooth and quick transition from the gridiron to the court. I hope Blake Perry comes back. I love Jacob Bodner's game and can't wait to watch him play at the varsity level. With the exception of my son I have watched him play more than anyone else on the team and I always knew he would make a great point guard for Boyle County one day. That time is near.....

 

I also hope, wish and pray that the incoming sophomore's put it together mentally and physically and have a great JV year and make the best of their varsity opportunities when they get them. They have a lot of collective talent and will have a chance to be a very special group when they play the way they are capable of playing. It's time to grow up boys.........

 

 

I really am unsure how this season will play out for the Rebels, especially since we hopefully won't get our football players back until mid December. The JV and frosh teams both had good seasons last year and if these boys continue to improve, the Rebels will progress nicely with Steve Adams as our coach.

 

 

I can tell you the new coach worked as hard as he could to bring a competitive team to the floor, but that was last year and it is time move on. We all wished last year could have been better but we must learn from that and work towards a better future.

PP, Sounds like things should be good for the Rebels. Can anyone watch games at Centre's camp? Thanks for your info.

Yes, things should be looking up for the Rebels this year, javman.

 

Yes, anyone can go watch the games at the Centre Camp. There is not a lot of seating at all, but no one stops you from watching. I'll definitely be in the house the whole camp. I can't wait.

Do you actually think that they will be better than last year's team? They lost a lot off that team and struggled at the guard position all year. Danville returns almost everyone, Lincoln will be down but has tremendous coaching and a great middle school kids coming. Boyle will continue to be good in football which means getting your kids late every year, and just from a fan other things on the sidelines has to change, especially work ethic from the man calling the shots.

Do you actually think that they will be better than last year's team? They lost a lot off that team and struggled at the guard position all year. Danville returns almost everyone, Lincoln will be down but has tremendous coaching and a great middle school kids coming. Boyle will continue to be good in football which means getting your kids late every year, and just from a fan other things on the sidelines has to change, especially work ethic from the man calling the shots.

 

 

Yes, I do think we will be better than last year's team.

 

I said nothing about Danville or Lincoln County because with all due respect this is a "what can Boyle County do to be better" thread, not a "is Boyle County going to be better than Danville or Lincoln County thread." I do know Danville will be the heavy favorite to win the district, and they should be, but for the record, they lose a starting point guard and a starting center and there are rumors around town that Duran Elmore isn't playing next year. That's hardly returning everyone. Not to mention that Lincoln County will be down and so will Garrard so that tells me that if Danville does what you expect them to do that Garrard, Lincoln, and yes, Boyle County will all have a shot at the other spot in the 12th region tourney representing the 45th district since you say Danville will take the other.

 

We will lose quite a few seniors but a lot of those guys who will fill those spots such as Rees, Logan, Ben, and Cory have already been in those spots and already know what they need to do. I believe I mentioned that other kids will have to shoulder a lot of the load early on in the season while the football players are still out, and that is fine with me because that is going to help us in the long run when it comes to some of the kids getting varsity experience. In, my opinion, we will be a better team when we get Rees, Logan, Connor, Boone, Lamar, Chris Cook, etc back from football, but I feel like we are in a better position this year for success while they are out than last year. I say this because Cory Jones and Ben Carman will be on the court and so will Blake Perry if he comes back. I like the experience that they will bring. Jacob Bodner, Justin Short, Greg Squires, Kyle Rice, Michael Arnett, Micah Satterly, Cameron Beckham and others from last years JV team will provide depth early on. Again, I feel we are better prepared to hold the fort down while we await on the hopeful 4A Football State Champions to return to the court.

 

People seem to forget that last year we added football players into the mix in mid December that had to adjust to a new coach and a new system 2 months behind the rest of the team. If you think that didn't make a difference on the team, you are fooling yourself. This year, these boys know the system and the football players will make a smoother transition onto the court than last year. I think that Steve did the best he could given the circumstances and I also think he has things going in the right direction. I like his passion, I like his knowledge of the game, I like the assistants, I like his system(he wants to push the ball), and I like him. I have no beef with Steve and I think he deserves more than 1 year before people start bashing him. To me that's laughable.

 

I have seen a lot of people take shots at Steve for some reason. So do tell, what do you know about Steve's work ethic that I don't know? I mean, you obviously have the scoop on the lack of work he is doing, so please let me know so next time I am at the school I can alert the other parents and we can find out what our kids are really doing when they say they are at practice. I need to know if my son has been lying to me about what he has been doing after school since break.

Easy Purple pride did not mean to ruffle your feathers. Boyle was a lot of people's choice to win the 12th last year and struggled all year. They definitely under achieved. It was the first time since I can remember that they went 0-6 in district play regardless if it was a new system or not, they had tons of talent that did not achieve the ultimate goal. Their younger kids did however play their tails off like what I am used to seeing out of Boyle County kids. It does not look good for your program when the head man is ejected twice in the regular season, one of those the game before your rival Lincoln. Scouting is important if you are going to win games, especially district games.

Easy Purple pride did not mean to ruffle your feathers. Boyle was a lot of people's choice to win the 12th last year and struggled all year. They definitely under achieved. It was the first time since I can remember that they went 0-6 in district play regardless if it was a new system or not, they had tons of talent that did not achieve the ultimate goal. Their younger kids did however play their tails off like what I am used to seeing out of Boyle County kids. It does not look good for your program when the head man is ejected twice in the regular season, one of those the game before your rival Lincoln. Scouting is important if you are going to win games, especially district games.

 

It's all good. As a Rebel, I will attack when I feel like we are under attack. Human nature.

 

I will disagree with you on a couple of things. I know we were a preseason top 5 pick in the 12th but I think people under estimated what Christian Williams brought to the table. With Williams and Aumiller on the court we had two consistent scorers on the court. Last year, Aumillier was limited with his shoulder at times and we never had a consistent 2nd threat to score and that hurt us. I will agree that we may not have lived up to expectations, but after seeing the body of work and seeing the circumstances that the team went through, I think we finished the year in the right spot. I hate to sound like I am making excuses, but when half of your team is learning the system 3-4 weeks into the season, there are going to be roadblocks on your path to success and we had a hard time getting through those roadblocks. Once again, everyone should be on the same page this December.

 

Now for the ejections.....

 

I was fortunate enough to be at both games when he was ejected. Both ejections were, IMO, unnecessary. the first ejection was at the tournament in Corbin. The ref made a horrible call. Steve stared the ref down, said a few things and got a technical. After the kid from South Laurel hit his second free throw, Steve called timeout. After he was granted the timeout he said "thank you" and the ref gave him his 2nd tech and threw him out. During the 3rd quarter of the same game, our baseball coach, Coach Camic was also told to leave the gym after the told the ref "we didn't pay all of this money to come down here and get homered". Horrible call by the official on the first ejection.

 

The second ejection was a misunderstanding in my opinion. He received a tech from a different horrible official. This time, he said something about that ref to a different ref who he considered a friend and someone he thought he could say something like that to. He didn't yell it to him, but the official he considered a friend didn't take it too kindly and gave him his second tech. Steve will tell you himself he messed up, but in his defense, he thought he could say something like that to the ref that is his friend. Live and learn is all I can say about that.

 

Steve came from college back to high school and that is an adjustment, but one that I think is progressing nicely and as I stated before, I think Boyle County will benefit from hiring Steve Adams as our coach. Once again, I have no beef with him and I happen to like him and I look forward to continued progress with him at the helm.

With our new coach we are back to being a football school. I cannot wait for football!

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

With our new coach we are back to being a football school. I cannot wait for football!

 

Doesn't mean we have to ignore the other sports.:thumb:

 

I'm looking forward to this year's football campaign as well.:thumb:

Dude, Wearing a Duke t-shirt holding a ball signed by the Unforgetables? You need a vacation!

Dude, Wearing a Duke t-shirt holding a ball signed by the Unforgetables? You need a vacation!

 

I won't get one until the fall break in October. Can't wait. 5 night cruise of the Eastern Caribbean.:dancingpa

 

However, I was capturing the histroical moment. What better way is there for me to take a picture with a ball signed by the Unforgettables than for me to capture the history of the moment by wearing one of my many Duke shirts?

I thought it was fitting.....

After 1 day at the Centre Camp the 2 varsity teams are a combined 5-1.

 

 

The Boyle County Black team has Logan Tritapoe, Cory Jones, Jacob Bodner, Kyle Rice, Boone Goldsmith, Nathan Crowe, Michael Arnett, Josh Terry, a new kid named Tommy, and Rees MacShara(DNP-Coach's Decision). They are 2-1 and they defeated Bullitt East and Leslie County. They lost to Louisville Christian Academy.

 

The Boyle County Gold team consists of Ben Carmen, Conner Gihvan, Justin Short, Micah Satterly, Greg Squires, Zach Hester, Jarrod Harrington, and Cody Cooper. They are 3-0. They defeated Fort Knox, Leslie County and Kentucky Country Day.

 

The Freshman are 3-0 and they defeated Bullitt East-White, Bullitt East-Red, and Fort Knox.

 

 

 

Today the Boyle Count Black varsity team will play Kentucky Country Day-10am, Fort Knox-1:15pm, Boyle County-Gold-4:15pm, and West Jessamine-7pm.

 

The Boyle County Gold varsity team will play-Louisville Christian Academy-10am, West Jessamine-12:30pm, Boyle County Black-4:15pm, and Bullitt East-6:15pm.

 

The Freshmen will play Bullitt East-Red-10am, Leslie County-2:00pm, Louisville Christian Academy-3:30pm, and Mercer County-6:15pm.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.