Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Franklin County 13 Western Hills 0

Featured Replies

Final in 5 innings. Western Hills came out and played their worst game of the year. They had more errors in this game than in all of the other games combined, Hills had one error less than county had hits. Thompson for county threw lights out and county came out and hit the ball, congrats to county on winning this game.

I believe this puts the Flyers as the only undefeated team in the state. Franklin County showed no nerves what so ever and just came to play baseball. I was very impressed with the teams speed with Clifton, Conner, McKee and Douthitt. Howard played well at short and made some big plays with the glove. Thompson is a man child on the mound and when he is throwing I believe the FLyers can beat any team in the state of KY.

This was total domination. WHHS had their will taken away after County put up a 10 spot in the first inning. Howard had a great play up the middle for the Flyers.

 

Hills too many mistakes.

According to KHSAA Website, there are 4 undefeated teams left in the state

 

9th Region - Covington Catholic is 11-0

10th Region - Bourbon County is 7-0

11th Region - Franklin County is 10-0

13th Region - Bell County is 5-0

So much for Western Hills high ranking. This loss puts things into perspective for them. Franklin usually has a pretty good team.

For the life of me, if you're Western Hills facing a guy throwing 88+ (Shawn Thompson), why on earth do you not start Riddle on the hill?

For the life of me, if you're Western Hills facing a guy throwing 88+ (Shawn Thompson), why on earth do you not start Riddle on the hill?

 

You would think with 9 seniors they could have hit Thompson some, at least enough to score some runs.

  • Author
You would think with 9 seniors they could have hit Thompson some, at least enough to score some runs.

 

Western Hills had an off game it happens.

For the life of me, if you're Western Hills facing a guy throwing 88+ (Shawn Thompson), why on earth do you not start Riddle on the hill?

 

I was shocked when I heard Riddle was not going to pitch. Is he not their ace? Regardless, I would have never expected a 13-0 beat down like this. Giving up ten runs in the first inning is hard to overcome. I figured this game would be much, much closer. When do they play again?

  • Author
I was shocked when I heard Riddle was not going to pitch. Is he not their ace? Regardless, I would have never expected a 13-0 beat down like this. Giving up ten runs in the first inning is hard to overcome. I figured this game would be much, much closer. When do they play again?

 

Next wednesday at Western Hills.

Western Hills had an off game it happens.

 

That happens. And they may be saving their ace for the District or Regional to face Franklin County. I'm not sure if they seed their District or not.

  • Author
That happens. And they may be saving their ace for the District or Regional to face Franklin County. I'm not sure if they seed their District or not.

 

They do seed.

I am suprised that Riddle did not throw. Western Hills needs desperately to get a win against Franklin County to get that monkey off their back. In order for them to go on and have any chance at being an 11th region contender they must get the confidence gained from beating their rival.

From what I have heard it sounds like it didn't matter who pitched for Western Hills. When you commit six errors and score zero runs, pitching should not be your concern.

  • Author
From what I have heard it sounds like it didn't matter who pitched for Western Hills. When you commit six errors and score zero runs, pitching should not be your concern.

 

Thats exactly what happened for Hills. They played their worst game defensively all year.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.